9/04/2008

Testing, Testing....

Just over two weeks now and it's been a real up and down ride for Fred and the Family. With every test result, there comes another section on the roller-coaster ride that is Cancer.

Yesterday seemed to be a day full of positives, despite the actual surgery not being performed. Testing was done on his lungs and kidneys and another colonoscopy was performed by the surgeon in charge of the operation. All apparently went as well as can be expected. With the best news being, both lungs and kidneys appear to be completely free of any cancerous concerns. The breeze you may have felt at around 9:00pm EST was not from Gustov! It was probably the collective "whew" of all of us here in Bedrock!

Now hopefully, it's finally on to the actual surgery. I have to believe that the doctors have done everything they can to prepare Fred for the procedure and I can tell you, he's about as ready as it gets to get this over and done with.

Despite being under some of the best care available in this situation, I can see the exhaustion from this ordeal starting to slowly take the wind out of Fred's sails. As it seems that every day only manages to bring him closer to some type of resolve, rather than the actual solution. This is echoing true throughout the entire family and to be honest, the entire ordeal has been exhausting.

As of right now, we still have no firm time for the actual surgery to get started. I really hope to hear something on that today. The process of removing the Cancer from his body seems to be the start on the road to recovery in my mind, and I believe that's the view of everyone in the family as well. I know Fred just wants to get through it and get the hell out of the Hospital.

Assuming that we are getting close to the actual operation, I might not be hanging around here too much in the next little bit. Thanks again to you all for everything you've done.

=========

Not wanting to leave you with nothing to read, I was taking a little retrospective look at myself and how I've developed over the last couple of years. So I've re-read just about every post I've ever written. I've come a long way baby!

So for those that want to take the trip down memory lane with me....
Here are few of my favorites.

My very first post over at the Tuckfard site. If you know the theme to the Beverly HillBillies, you just might get a giggle out of it.

Here's the story of how 9-3 off suit became, "The Bammer."

Quite a while ago, Antonio Esfandiari and Phil Laak came rolling through, just South of Bedrock. There was a NLHE Tourney held for about 90 to 100 players. The winner would get to play either pro heads up as the first place prize. I busted out in 4th, place. Here's that story.

My boy Baywolfe and I were using Golf terminology the other day, while discussing poker. It reminded me that I'd done a brief comparison between the two games.

I thought I did a pretty good job in describing my first ever Moooooooookie appearance.

With the Bash coming up quickly, it was great to review my first Blogger gathering out in Vegas. I can't wait to see everyone again in a few short weeks now!

Of course there was NO WAY I could re-visit that gathering, without taking a look back at a few special friends!

Not to brag, but I'm still very proud of myself for solving the true mystery of FullTilt's RnG!

My favorite for just plain fun? The first Blogger You-You!

I hope taking a look back at some of this silly kid's older stuff, makes you laugh as it did me. It's really been a fun little ride. And as always,

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

5 comments:

Riggstad said...

No Eh Vegas trip recap?

Cooler!!!!

Fred will be ok. I just zapped him with good Karma.

I run good that way.

go easy on all of this stuff. Good Vibes will make it right.

You got a ton of it from this side!

Unknown said...

Continued prayers and best wishes.

Stay Strong, Live Brave!

IT

Anonymous said...

Pass my best on to Fred and tell I look forward to seeing him again real soon.

The NL Wife said...

Still thinking of you, Pebs, and Fred . . . hang in there . . . and if you need, I'm here.

BWoP said...

Fred is gonna kick cancer's ass.

I know it.

Asian people are smart that way.

Lots and lots of hugs!