9/05/2008

Half full huh....

It's that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach, just as the coaster is cresting the top of that first hill. You know the one I mean? When you're in one of the first cars and you're already pointing down the giant descent. The folks at the back of the coaster are just about at the top, but not quite free of the chain that pulls you to the top. It's almost the perfect state of limbo! You can do nothing, but you know something big is about to happen!

That's where we are again today. Just hanging! Waiting for something really big to happen, but waiting none the less.

The explanation was, "The procedure is serious and it's going to be really complex, and we need to give it the time it deserves." Totally understand that! 110% even! So let's get at it and make Fred well again!!!

"The earliest we can book the operating room is the 22nd."

Hearing that after having Fred in the hospital for just about 3 weeks, is a bit of a shock to the system. I mean, I know these guys aren't 'brain surgeons' or anything. But one would think that better planning might have been possible, given the seriousness of the condition, combined with the history and age of the patient!

I dunno..... maybe I just don't get it or something.
17 more days?

Let me tell you something. Fred will be spending those 17 day's, a free man! (Sorta)
There is no way in hell he needs to waste away his time, stuck in a hospital bed for the next 17 day's.... waiting. He will be spending that time in the comfort of his own home. With his loving wife and family. Surrounded by his friends and neighbours. All as close to normal as humanly possible.

OK! Another challenge to my life statement I guess?
The glass is half full!

Tonight when I see Fred, we'll raise two completely full glasses....
and wait together!

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

2 comments:

TanOrpheus said...

I'll raise a glass to you both from this side of the pond tonight ! Best wishes and prayers from me

Evy said...

I too will raise a glass for Fred tonight. Prayers and hugs all around.

*hugs*