9/01/2008

What's in a name....

I couldn't sneak him a Scotch.... I couldn't even sneak him a beer.
I KNOW he could've used both! That's just how Fred rolls.

The word is Cancer.

After having over 1 1/2 litres of fluids drained out of both lungs, the "C" word reared it's ugly head once again. Fred's in a bad way.

Your thoughts and prayers have not gone un-noticed, or un-appreciated. I've shared every single note you've sent with Fred and in typical Fred fashion he asked,
"Who the hell would read anything you'd be able to put down in words?"

;o)

Tuesday or Wednesday, one of them will be a big day. His heart is as strong as his will, can't buck those odds going in. At least I'm not ready to do so yet! But Cancer requires attention. One of the next two days will be the day that happens.

Good luck Fred.

Thanks to those of you that have done nothing but everything I would try to do for each of you. The love is over whelming. I've shared it all with Fred, and he says thanks! He also asked if you wouldn't mind passing him a few "sympathy chips," the next time you're at the tables together. He looked me in the eyes and said,
"What? It could happen!"

Typical Fred.

Thanks kids! You are the best!

&

Good luck Fred!

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

8 comments:

DrChako said...

Good luck Fred!

No sympathy chips.

-DrC

Unknown said...

Mine and Instant Ticket's prayers are coming toward you.

Um I agree with the Doc, no sympathy chips.

Hugs and shots yes, chips no.

IT

OhCaptain said...

Good luck Fred.

He will be in our thoughts.

BWoP said...

So sorry to hear that it's the "C" word, but I know Fred is a trooper.

Hugs to Fred and Pebs and you.

I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts.

The Poker Enthusiast said...

My thoughts and prayers.

CEMfromMD said...

All the best thoughts and prayers from Mrs. CEM and my myself for Fred, Pebbles, and you. Please let us know if there is anything you all need.

John G. Hartness said...

Good luck, bro.

pokertart said...

Ugh. I'm so sorry to read this today.

I'm sending many positive thoughts your way.