After busting backside and haulin' azz pretty much all day Saturday, Peb's let me spend Sunday any way I wanted to. NICE! Not really a tough decision for me to make though.
The near perfect Father's Day included :
- Enjoy the Sun from the Muskoka Chairs on the deck.
- The Love of my life and I discussing anything, everything and nothing.
- A few of the best damn Margarita's this side of THAT border.PERIOD!
- Latin tunes so loud and hot, it was impossible to keep your hips still.
- Realizing that you'd just taken a walk around the property and never stopped holding hands.
- An awful lot of laughing.
- A call to my Dad that I know made him happy.
- A call from Not-So-Mini-Peb's, that she knows made me happy.
- Catching a little of the US Open.
- Grilling a full pound of Garlic Butter marinated JUMBO shrimp.
- A beautiful fire through early dusk and into dark.
- Also all of the things that you can imagine if you really know me, but don't need full disclosure here or anywhere else!
Saturday was spent working hard on the deck materials and getting everything stained, weather-sealed and ready for the build. Back breaking work when there's sixty 2" x 6" x 16' top boards to be done, before you even look at all the railing and stair material. Right at my side the entire time though, was my Peb's. We certainly got a workout getting that done! Well OK..... not "done" exactly, more like well started.
Since we worked so hard all through the afternoon, we decided that we should take the rest of the day off. Always a good decision in my books. Out came the adult bevies and plop went the azz on a chair. We talked about how we'd hoped that a last minute miracle was going to happen, but in the end it didn't. We wanted to surprise some HAWT chick & her Husband at their home game. It ended up being a no-go, so I had to settle for the next best thing instead. So I called her up. Funny thing though, despite making me smile and feel good to get to talk to her, it really made me sad that getting out there didn't work out. We of course said "next time" as part of our good byes and trust me, there will be a next time if I have anything to say about it. Besides, I hear there's a possibility of getting 'bit' out that way. Somehow that sounds SO much more interesting than all the Mosquitos and Black Flies around the cave right now.
I hope each of you had as good a Father's Day as I did. Hopefully, you also got to do whatever it is that makes you the happiest. It really couldn't happen to a bunch of nicer guys!
My sincerest thanks for dropping by....