10/07/2008

Helping..... it's what friends do....

Let's start the day with a positive motivational thought, shall we?

So no big secret! Yesterday's post about The TuckFard games, was obviously a blatant attempt to get a few extra friends out for some fun and distraction. As I set up to start the first game last night, I realized I was indeed a very lucky man! Several good friends answered the call and made the night an absoloute blast!

Yeah I know! What's the sense in playing poker, if you're not there to try and win! But sometimes...... well sometimes I just want to sit around the table and sling some chips and shoot the shit with a good group of friends. No matter what the cost, the result in the end or the game being played, sometimes it's about friends more than anything else. If that makes me weak in the eyes of the great poker over-lords, so fuckin' be it.

I needed a mental massage(™Otis) last night and I got it. Call me crazy for saying so, but last night almost felt like we were all sitting around in brudder Carson's basement and enjoying a home game! It was as close to that feeling as I've ever felt while playing on-line. Now THAT my friends, that's good times!

As is almost always the case, the only one to register for last nights game before me was muhctim. No acronym required here. I actually laugh out loud every single time I go to register and there sits that singular lonely name. I've said it before and I'll say it again muhc, thanks for pimpin' our games and for being there with us every single week. We joke all the time about the "honourary" TuckFards I know but you sir, would 100% fit in to one of our homegames! I hope we can make that happen some day. I really do!

The beautiful Kat has been up to Bedrock for some pokery goodness and she's also been out to the "Carsino" for some fun as well. Seeing her there at the games last night just put a huge smile on this kids face. One of life's great mysteries will always be how someone as classy and clever as Kat, can just jump right in and be TuckFard! I honestly don't know how you do it, nore do I care why! I'm just really glad the you do Hun!

After last nights game and some very careful deliberation with both DonKaaa and brudder Carson, we've decided that a vote will be required on the "Honourary" TuckFard status of MemphisMojo. So if you stop by here from time to time, we'd appreciate your input! Just over to the top right there, you'll see our little poll on the issue. Although this will not be the ultimate and deciding factor in our decision, it will help guide us through all things TuckFardian.

As the TuckFard Open was just starting play last night, I see the chat box going berserk. Now that's fairly normal for our little game, so I sat back and watched for a bit. There was one line of text that seemed to fly by a little too fast for me to catch, but I was pretty sure it was directed at me. So a little scroll up and I read, "Bam-Bam! what's the pass-pass?" Now to be totally honest, there's not many bloggers out there that I enjoy typing and directing the word 'Donkey' to, other than AlCantHang. Apparently I'm not the only one either!

katitude: donkey
BamBamCan: donkey !
NutzCarson: donkey
muhctim: donkey
RedneckTuckFard: donkey
DonK_TuckFard: donkey !!!
BamBamCan: LOL Donnie 3x! hahahaha

Thanks for coming out last night Al! Whenever I need a little pick me up, you're always there throwing a massive over bet at me with the Hammer. Now THAT's GOLD !!! It's actually become very funny to me as of late. I read back to posts from a year ago and I see where I wrote things like, "why play that crap?" or "what's the big deal if a Donkey play's it?" Now I've come full circle and can't wait to see it happen. Just once though, I'd like to be holding "the Bammer" when it happens to me. Actually! I dream of a 3-way pot with The Hammer, the Bammer and the TuckFard Nutz gettin' all the chips in the center. Serious fireworks on that day! What a scream that would be.

We had another surprise guest last night in the Open, breeze81 made an appearance for our game. That was very much appreciated and a very pleasant surprise. I hope we get to see that happen more and more over the next few weeks! Always a pleasure to sit down at the virtual felt with you breeze!

I see brudder Carson won the NLHE TuckFard Open. I'll say congrats here... and move on. Put up a good post about it, so everyone can read all about your "mad skillz" HERE. ;) (nice win brudder!)

So with the Open out of the way, (read I bombed out in 12th!) I was really looking forward to our little HORSE game. I can't begin to tell you how surprised I was, when I saw the entrants to this one!

A friend I was really hoping I was going to run into at the BASH, but it just didn't work out this time, was The Poker Enthusiast. Having P.E. show up at a table I'm playing on, always makes it so much better than it was. Thanks for coming out last night P.E.! It meant a lot and definately put a pretty big, (albeit, prolly goofy) grin on my face!

The next surprise that caught me off gaurd, was OhCaptian! What a treat having you come out to one of our games Sir! Hopefully, this was not a one time occurence. I don't think I've ever seen anyone, (live or virtually) fit into the Tuckfard mode faster! Thanks for being there!

Honourary Tuckfard cem, slipped up a bit and missed the first game! There was much discussion about this phenomenon, but all was forgiven once we realized that he may actually have a life and work or family came ahead of us! ;) Great to see you out as always cem! For those of you not aware, cem runs The Skillz series on FullTilt Tuesday nights. I believe tonight is Limit Hold'Em and if all goes according to plan, I hope to join you at the game this evening.

The HORSE winner was muhctim and I see brudder Carson joined him in 'double-dipping' into the TuckFard cash, by finishing third in this game as well. Well done gents!

I flamed out in 6th. in this game. I got into a spot with a pretty amazing looking board in STUD, only to continue betting it to the end where someone couldn't let go of a pair of 5's. How's that go again? Oh yeah! "If you give two Donkey's some chips and a deck of cards".... LMAO !

Thanks for coming out for the fun and making it such a great night for me everyone!

and....

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

5 comments:

Katitude said...

Any classy and clever is merely a front. I'm really person of low humour and poor moral character - ask anyone *grin. Actually, being a Tuckfard is kind of a step up ;-)

Had fun, as always!

Breeze81 said...

Well thank you for hosting the TardFuck. I really enjoyed playing and plan to play from now on. Its quite nice to have this event to play while in class, helps pass the time.

See ya next week.

Memphis MOJO said...

Turkfard open was a blast as usual. NutzCarson busted me out, and I'm glad to see he used my chip$ to good advantage.

Regarding the poll: Vote early, vote often!!

Anonymous said...

Even a blind suirrel finds the nutz every now and again.

muhctim said...

If your two friends there need any more help, I will be happy to "pull" my share.