10/09/2008

Bam-Bam's After School Special....

Today's motivatial thought....... Be smart! Stay in School!


Yes kids, learnin' your readin' and writin' is so very important in this day and age. So make sure you give that crap all the attention it deserves! But Math! Well Math is something you really need to pay special attention to, to really bring out your inner poker playah!

Learnin' Math is how you'll come to know some very important things such as;

If you were rudely awoken at 4:00am Monday morning by a call from work and have not actually fallen asleep again since,

1) it had been 66 hrs. and 8 mins. without sleep, when you signed up for the mookie.
2) at 66 hrs. and 41 minutes without sleep, you just might throw "The Bammer" at this table.

3) it took you 67 hrs. and 34 mins. since you last slept, to get the chiplead in the mookie.

4) Busting out on the final table bubble in last nights mookie, means you finished in the top 20 percentile. (still a loser, but did better than some)
5) If it cost you $13 to enter the mookie and you bust out 6 other players at $2 a pop, you basically played for nearly three hours at a cost of $0.33 / HR.
6) If one of those you felted was the only break even player in the game, it was worth every friggin' penny!

and my personal favorites 'cause of all the Math involved......

7) Losing not one, not two, not three or even four.... but FIVE races in a row while getting your money in good, has a statistical probability of an amazing 239,616,000 to 1. Yet I tell you kids........ I did it! So, I bought a lottery ticket this morning on the way to work!
8) The odds of playing slightly tilted and sleepy at a five player table and running your 'sooted' A-8 into A-A...... 100%

So the lesson today kiddies, IS STAY IN SCHOOL and learn's ya' some Math! That way the game of poker will always make WAY more sense, and become a lot more fun!

Please do not think of this as a rant. I'm tired and I'm pissed off yes! But I had a great time last night! Despite my lack of ZZZZZZZZZZZ's, I'm glad I could make it out to the mookie! The mookie offers me so many different challenges besides just the time of night it's played. Which brings me to a second motivational thought...



There were an awful lot of Obstacles and hurdles thrown at me last night and I don't care what anyone say's, I think I handled them pretty well! As a matter of fact, I actually think I played some pretty damn good NLHE last night! Isn't THAT a scary thought! Lord knows, it's sending a chill down my spine just thinking about it.

OK..... last bit of Math for the day. In Math, forecasting by using a complex formula looks very difficult at first, I know. But it's really simple actually. You just need to write it out, talk it through and let the numbers do all the work for you. So don't let Math frighten you! You need Math all the time in every day life, so learn to love it! Hell! I even need Math right now!

Let's see if all goes perfectly according to plan and there is not a single glitch........ it should come to exactly 80 hrs. straight of wide-eyed and bushy tailed awakeness, when my head actually gets a chance to hit a pillow tonight. Carrying the 8 with a 3.16 over 1,000 quotient....... I'd say the probability of a Zombie like state of sleep at that moment...... runs at about 98.9%, or thereabouts.

I'll take those odds!

Last School lesson for the day, I promise!
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE? THE OCTOBER TRUCKIN' IS OUT !!!!

Truckin' - October 2008, Vol. 7, Issue 10
Welcome back to another issue.

1. Maisy Wednesday by Paul McGuire
She always wore bright lipstick which brought out a little gleam in her lips. She frequently smiled, but never initiated any sort of conversation... More

2. Happy Anniversary by John 'Falstaff' Hartness
As we stood outside the courthouse in our newly wedded bliss (which also somewhat resembled the look of people who have just survived a tornado, as it happened much faster than we expected) we decided that since Suzy didn't have to be at work for another couple of hours, we'd go have lunch. So we scraped together a few bucks and trundled over to a nearby McDonald's... More

3. A Lock of Bonnie Parker's Hair by Johnny Hughes
They was real famous and in the newspapers and all robbing them banks, when banks were unpopular. I asked Bonnie for something to remember her by. We didn't have a pencil for an autograph. She pulled this little pair of scissors out of her purse and gave me this... a lock of her hair... More

4. Whiskey Kisses by Betty After Dark
Held apart by distance and circumstance, brought together in soft voices, the pieces of who we are fill the room with every drink we pour. The gaps in our lives slowly closing as the light from the window crept into the room. There was something unavoidable that connected us, but the details were never as clear as they were this night.... More

5. What I Knew? by Dusty Rhodes
Just walk up and ask her you idiot... You've been friends for four years... she doesn't have a date and either do you... Quit being a pussy and ask her... Christ dude... what are you nervous about... More


What a Long Strange Trip It's Been...
From the Editor's Laptop:

Thanks again for wasting your precious time with Truckin'. This month's issue features veteran Truckin' writers including the legendary Johnny Hughes with another Texas tale. Dusty Rhodes and John Hartness both make triumphant returns to the Truckin' roster. Betty After Dark will whip you in a deviant frenzy with her latest sultry tale. And I shared a new piece of fiction called Maisy Wednesday.

Please tell your friends about your favorite Truckin' stories. The writers definitely appreciate your support.

Also, if you know anyone who is interested in being added to the mailing list, well, please shoot me an e-mail.

Before I go... I can never thank the writers enough for writing for free and exposing their guts, blood, and soul to the universe. Their art and dedication inspires me and I hope it inspires you too.

Be good,
McG

---
Tao of Pauly --- http://mcgrupp.blogspot.com
Tao of Poker --- http://taopoker.com
Truckin' --- http://mcgtruckin.blogspot.com

And from me as always,

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

1 comment:

Memphis MOJO said...

I've alwasy had trouble with math, so thanks for the lesson. The photo at the top did a lot to clear things up for me.