10/13/2008

Thankful huh....

Those that really know me, know that I march to a slightly different drummer. It's an upbeat little diddy and definitely NOT, the standard 2/4 beat.

According to the little print on the calendar, today is Thanksgiving day here in Bedrock. I've never been one to let Hallmark tell me when I'm supposed to let my Wife know I love her, so I don't see myself allowing the print on a calendar to tell me that I am supposed to be more thankful today, than any other day!

For every day I start next to my darling Pebbles, I am more thankful than the last. Everyday I see the wonder that is my not-so-mini-Peb's, I thank my lucky stars one more time. Every time I'm surrounded by any of the hundreds of truly great friends I have managed to be fortunate enough to gather over the decades, I consider myself the most fortunate kid on this big ole' flying rock. Every single time I meet up with someone new that has something special to share with me, I say thanks to whatever force it was, that brought us together. Every time I check the stats out for this little piece of the intertubes out, I sit back in astonishment and give thanks that you all seem to care about something I've had to say.

Thanksgiving day huh?

I'm the luckiest man alive I say! I get one of these Thanksgiving day's, 365 day's a year! Who knows! Maybe Hallmark will make me my own little calendar? It could happen!

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

4 comments:

DrChako said...

Happy T-Day!

-DrC

Unknown said...

We thank you for letting us into your life.

Sean

BWoP said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for having the opportunity to hang with Pebs and you (multiple times in the past, and hopefully many more times to come).

DonKaaa said...

Good post Bam... Its so easy to get caught up in life that sometimes we need a reminder to cherish what we have every day. That is one of many things that I have learned from you.