10/18/2008

Fred update....

Spent the night over at Fred and Wilma's. Always one of our best nights!

We've obviously been visiting a lot lately, and that typically leads to Wilma putting some kind of dinner together for us. Eventually, it has to become more of a drain and pain, rather than the real reason we head over, to relieve and believe!

So today, Peb's and I made one of our specialties. A traditional English Beef Stew that ends up baked within a Yorkshire Pudding casing. This meal NEVER disappoints and tonight, was no exception.

The signs of improvement are rather small but as they say, small gains right? This tired and weary Fred is NOT the man I knew just three short months ago. And the strain that can occur in any relationship from such an ordeal, is apparent in both Fred and Wilma. Several discussions were had between some form of the four of us on how exactly to deal with the current state of the status quo.

I found myself at a loss for words several times this evening. But after getting back here to the cave, I've found resolve in one fact that I can't seem to shake.

Just a month ago, I was absoloute in my conviction that another night like tonight was never going to happen again!

Small gains indeed!

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

4 comments:

BWoP said...

Good to hear that things have taken a more positive turn in Bedrock. Sounds like Fred is putting up a huge fight. I wish him well.

(((HUGS))) from Vegas.

DrChako said...

Optimists unite! Please pass on our good thoughts.

-DrC

muhctim said...

We are sending good thoughts, earnest prayers, and continued hope.

Evy said...

Dealing with a situation like Fred's is tough for all concerned -- both for patient and for family.

The only thing you can really do is do exactly what you are doing -- be compassionate, supportive, and leave the lines of communication open during particular stressful moments.

*hugs*