10/02/2008

The BASH - "THE BASH"....

To say that Alcohol may have been a factor for us all on Saturday afternoon at the Pub'lympics, would be like saying BadBlood looks like he's in half decent shape. Or perhaps, saying that Otis can knock out a good read once in a while. You might as well have said that G-Rob has OK hair. No, it's just not good enough to put it that way at all. This group of degenerate BASH'ers, was Alcohaulin' Ass!

There was a time lapse between The Pub'lympics, and the actual BASH itself. Groups formed up and coordinated plans. Friends ran in packs, like jackal's searching for the next weak animal they would come across. There was time available and time at a blogger get-together, is a very precious commodity. It was time, to take advantage of time!

BadBlood was heading my way and had the look of a man on a mission. The look also told me, I may just be on the same mission. Next it was Drizz. Drizz had a look, well...... does anyone out there that knows Drizz, understand it when I say happy go lucky determination? I can't think of any other way to describe it. Weird? Suddenly, The Doc, The Wife and CK were also at my side. All gigglin' and grinnin' from ear to ear. They looked like a group of kids that had just got caught in a heavy petting session down in the basement by the parents. Something was up, that was for certain! When Otis cruised into the mix, Peb's leaned over to my ear and said, "oh boy! This could might be gettin' good!" I tried to listen for any hints of what was up, but no real words were spoken. It was just a general feeling of understanding, that we were all doing something together and now!

BadBlood leans into the center of the group and with that very wry smile he seemed to have all weekend long says.... "anyone go for a skillet?"

"Skillets! I'm in!" came from Drizz. "Me too!" said CK, Pebbles and The Wife, in almost perfect unison! "Count us in!" said The Doc, as he nodded his head my way with a tilt that obviously meant, I was a given. "Let's go." was the only thing I heard Otis say, as he herded us out towards the front door. This group of "starving" bloggers, were going to have a Skillet. With a short drive and a little bit of patience, we arrived at the Diner and loaded up on Skillets. It was a great time amongst friends and I have to say, I'm not exactly sure how long we were sitting there in that Diner. But I do remember that a funny thing happened as we were all doing our best to get that last bit of our skillet down, everyones phones went off at the same time. It was a text from Al. Just two simple words....... "Mandatory recall!" That was it. We were being summoned back by the man. It's probably a really good thing too! Drizz seemed to be enjoying his Skillet so much, I thought he just might have ate the whole thing and moved on to another!

As we arrived back at The Pub for the actual BASH itself, you could sense the difference in general atmoshpere immediately. It went from a casual get together of a group of friends from all walks of life and all parts of North America, to a party Al was holding. A party for just him....... and ooooh 599 of his closest friends! I was asked to put the BASH into one thought that would best describe it to someone that was not there at the time, and I think I found a way to do that.

The BASH IS EXACTLY what advertisers are trying to portray in those great Beer commercials. Only it's really happening and you're there for every bit of it! Yeah..... that oughta' cover it!

Crystal Roxx is the perfect name for the band that played Saturday night. They had an extremely tight sound and were just rockin' the place. They played a wide variety of music and played it all, very well. Hell! After they had a shot with Al and I between songs and I had a chance to get in a few warm up dances with Peb's. (and anyone else that I could grab) they played a song just for yours truly. Something that went with my attire for the evening! ;) I AM NOT a country boy at musical heart! But getting the chance to belt out a tune at the BASH, was something I just wasn't going to miss out on. So there I was, standing in front of Crystal Roxx, belting out Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy! What the hell was I thinking? Thanks to the guy's in the band for rockin' it up just a bit for me. Made it feel a whole lot less like I was singing Country! Also, thank 'him/her/it' I knew all the words! Peb's loves the song, when I'm appropriately attired of course! ;)

At one point in the evening, I screamed at the top of my lung's from the center of the dance floor. "Blogger chicks! Let's dance!" And so we did! To any song, by any band, from any era. I tell you, you could've poured me out of The Pub by the end of the night. Ask anyone who went for a hug late in the evening. Something about heavy Denim shirts and bright lights with no moving air in the room.

I don't really care what it looks like when I do it, but I luv's me some dancin' with all the hot chicks! At one point, I was lucky enough to have seven of you up at the same time. Now THAT was HOT ! My Peb's kinda sauntered into the middle of us and said, "I want you right now." BOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!

We quickly made our way around the room to say our goodbye's. We caught everyone we could. A few we missed, because they had already left. A few we missed, 'cause they were either engaged in, or seriously focused on, some incredibly HOT GoG action at the moment. Oh and thanks for that! It just made us want to get back to the room, that much more!

To our blogger host, Sir AlCantHang..... I say Sir, You are Da' Man!
To our building hosts, Mike, Ashley and Terri.... I say, You made this one of the most memorable times of all of our travels!
To the bloggers that made the trip I say, it was great to see you. Can't wait to do it again. Wherever that may occur!
To the unfortunate ones that didn't make it this time I say, plan for it next year!
Al's party and the Tyler James Pub.... are a no brainer do-not-miss!

Of course as at any blogger degenerate type get-together, there were prop bets. In my case, one in particular that I was very proud of. As promised, the bet itself will not be put on these pages. (I am a kid of my word) BUT ! To my worthy adversary, I will say thanks! Here's a little something special, just for you!


My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

No comments: