10/28/2008

Always flush twice....

Here's a tale of two flushes. One that went very, very good!



And one, not so much!



That was my first Royal in Hold'Em on-line. I went on to win that 45 player MTT and improve my comfort level with NLHE, just a little bit more.

The second Flush against TheGoatlady well, that was just a sick 6th. ST ! In that hand one four was already folded and as you can see, De AXN eD has one of the three's beside me. That leaves a two outer as a probability for the boat of three's and four's. Not likely, but possible. I had to really calculate the odds of my Flush not being good there. But the problem is her hole cards and betting pattern. With two of the Aces showing and at least one two out of play, the only reason she can be betting in this spot is if she's good to the high. Perhaps it was a busted low that just keeps on getting prettier and prettier, as more cards come into play. I wasn't about to take that chance. I folded as I told myself, "she has a pocket pair down." Mercifully, I was shown the hand and was spot on with my read.

Last night's TuckFard games were a hoot as always! (Well for some of us. Sorry about that run brudder Carson!!! Rough night!) And Fred did make his inaugural appearance. Rough start for him though, busting out in 15th. of 16 that made it out for the fun. He did get his action fix though, as his stack took massive swings both up and down in that first 45 minutes. I was obviously a little too focused on his table and how he was doing, as it took him getting busted before I even remotely focused on my table. I final tabled, but just couldn't believe how awful the cards were. I think maybe Queen_K might have actually had worse cards than me, as I'm pretty sure she only played 2 or 3 hands all night. I then made a play at Memphis with a suited 7-8 that he insta-called me on. Turns out a pair of eights was good! That was enough to get me by a few of the ever increasing blinds. Then I couldn't wait for cards to come with the stack I had left to work with, so I made a move and got picked off. Well not really picked off, more like brutally anal raped by way of suck-out from a two outer kinda picked off. Yeah, that covers it! I see our Russian card-rack friend won it all, with Belgium's Heroneus taking second. Also congrats to the lovely SuzY_Q for her cash in third place.

The HORSE game was well, a Horse of a different colour! The cards didn't change all that much for me, but my timing was right on the nose. I managed a few descent hands here and there and worked my stack up to a respectable size. Then I played a bit of a waiting game, sitting out all of the crap I was dealt in limit Hold'Em and most of the Omahahaha. Then I made a charge though the RAZZ and STUD portions and built my stack up to a double pile. I lost one fairly large pot in the STUD H/L and had to start the process all over again. I ended up money-bubble-boy, as I just couldn't wrap my head around Halface getting hit with the deck, four hands in a row. But he did and my second best was just that, second!

I see cem cashed in third and that's always nice to see! Also a shout out to Scotty for making an appearance at the game. Much appreciated good Sir! As always, muhc and Memphis both made the show and I always greatly appreciate that they do. This group is really starting to make Monday nights, one of the best nights of the week for me. Now if we can just get The Doc to make it in on time for once instead of being our super-railer, all things will be right in the world! ;)

Also a quick apology to IT. I was hoping to make it into the LPRT game last night, but knew that I'd have to late register. Not sure what happened, but I'll be damned if I could even find the game!

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

3 comments:

muhctim said...

Great fun as always. When you email TGL, I want to know if she is the rainbow lady. TGL started playing around the same time you introduced RL to your blog. . .Coincidence??? I think not.

Memphis MOJO said...

Great game, as usual. It's more about the comraderie than the poker, if you can believe that!

DrChako said...

Congrats on your first Royal!

-DrC