9/13/2008

So close, BASH practice and GOOOOO Schaubsy....

My prediction for total annihilation of the field yesterday, was SO close! DonKaaa, Queen_K and Pebbles made up my foursome at our 5th. Annual Hospital tourney, at our home course. Not too surprisingly, we were all on our games. DonKaaa started out hot from the tee. Peb's and Queen_K were hitting their usual bombs from the tee's, on the par4's and 5's. Like, HUGE bombs! Like, Donnie and I had wedge or lob wedge to two of the shorter par 5's kinda bombs! It was with distance advantages like that, that my short game really kicked into gear. I then did what I tend to do best, I fired at the pin. Bounces went our way at times and at others, they didn't. The ground is still very damp and I had some serious "junk" on the ball from 100yds and in. Throwing it past the pin quickly became the way to go. Every single one of us made a clutch putt or two and we posted a score of -16. Sixteen under is nothing to sneeze at considering the conditions. It would take a great game to beat us and the scores coming in, all hung around the -8 to -10 range. Then we saw it! -21 !!! WTF !!! We know the golfers and we know they're good, but -21 ? WOW !!! Then we realized how they managed the score. They were only a threesome. As a threesome, one of them always got a second shot. That is invaluable, when you are a golfer of their caliber. They birdied many of the same holes as us and struggled with two of the same tough pin placement holes that we did. But they had a great putter, that got a second chance. Seldom do any of us miss, when presented with that opportunity. The difference was in those Eagles, where we'd made a great birdie.
So close, but yet so far away! Next year, this beyatch is OURS !

Heading out to Barney & Betty's for a little pre-BASH warm-up soon. With everything that's been going on lately with Fred, it'll be great to see everyone for certain. And the liquor will surely flow at a very steady pace. Lord knows, I could use the, "practice!" Good times !

If you know anything about me at all, you know I love my Golf and I love my Country. With that said, there's double pleasure in watching a friend go for something pretty special in the World of Golf. Schaubs is shooting for $1,000,000 and a win in the VW Shoot-Out out West. Stop by and wish him good skill for me. I have a hunch he's going to take the mother down! Just breathe and shoot at the pin Schaubsy. I know you can do it!

Lastly, our thoughts go out to our Texas connection. Hopefully you'll all take the time to consider those in the path of Ike. Some are near the path, some are not in their homes, but are hopefully in a much safer place at the moment. Know that our thoughts and prayers are with each of you and your families. Be safe !

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

2 comments:

jjok said...

thanks man......sense of hopelessness not knowing if my house is flooded......

DonKaaa said...

It has been way too long since the Leslie's and the Remen's paired up and played in a scramble tournament together. Before commencing play, we racked our brains trying to come up with a team name until BamBam blurted out "THE LEMEN'S .... cause we luv to be squeezed"

LMAO and it stuck.

The Annual Moyer tournament at Bear Creek is always the best tournament going as all monies taken in by the course for the entire day is donated to three great charities. Good course, great staff, unbelieveable food and awesome people make this one of my favorite days of the year.

Thanks to Peb's and Bam for an unforgetable day of laughin, drinkin, high five'n and some of the best golf I've seen in a mixed team in ... oh lets see .... my entire lifetime.

LEMEN's ROCK!!!!