8/22/2008

It's news..... I guess....

The Colonoscopy revealed no tumour. The glass is 1/2 full.

Biopsies were done to try and detect the cause of the bleeding. The bleeding which isn't slowing down at all. With his bypass surgery just a few short years ago, the cumiden used to increase his blood flow through the ever thinning veins, is a deadly enemy right now. He was taken off of it immediately of course. However, this brings with it another series of challenges and hurdles to over come. Including a complete blood transfusion to clean it out of his system. Oh and then there's the fact that Fred is also a Diabetic. Pile on the challenges right? The latest of which, very shallow breathing and shortness of breath, reared it's head over the last day or so.

When we heard the words, "there is no tumour," the rush of joy was instant and intense. I found myself fully focused on wanting to hear that sentence only. I wasn't really prepared to hear anymore than that. And from the look on everyone's faces as we heard the word "but," I think it's fair to say I wasn't alone in this situation.

Fred's in the right place and from everything that I can tell, has a great Doctor. Here's hoping we can fill up the other 1/2 of the glass fairly soon.

One side note from my own personal thoughts. This is a strong family. I'm continuously amazed at our ability to adjust and focus through some rather adverse conditions and relatively no sleep over the last several days. My Peb's comes from nothing but the finest of stock.

To our friends, thanks again for being there for us in every way that you have been.
(I really don't think I can can say that enough)

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

5 comments:

DrewFours said...

Just catching up BB - you are all in our thoughts!

Unknown said...

You are in my and Joanna's thoughts and prayers.

All you have to do is call and I'll listen.

Sean

DonKaaa said...

I have known this family for quite a few years now and they are truely special. All families tend to pull together in times of crisis but these people are role models for all families from what I have seen. Their family extends so far beyond than just relatives.

Fred is a fighter, is full of life and with everyone's support and prayers he will battle through this.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Fred and all of the family. We miss you guys and hope to see you soon.

DonKaaa Family

My final out said...

hang in there Bam. Sounds like you have an awesome support group to lean on. Keeping you and yours in my prayers.

-Grouse

BWoP said...

Glad to hear the good news about no tumor. Just keep the good news coming, and I'll keep sending good thoughts.

HUGS!