7/03/2008

The Bam-Bam alphabet....

Making my way back to the cave via the commute from hell yesterday, I started thinking about things that I’d tried to teach my daughter about life. Having her Grad just recently, I found myself looking at the person she’d become, rather than just my baby girl. I tried to step back and honestly analyze how well she’d taken to my “alphabet” lessons and see if I could recognize any of these qualities in her right now. I’m very proud to say, I certainly could.

It was me that called them the “alphabet” lessons. (you’ll see why in a bit) In fact, I’ve never let on to her that they were any kind of lessons at all. I just made sure she heard at least one of the 26 sayings every single day and it always made me feel better, if it was me hearing one of them from her instead.

A lways be true to yourself.
B argains seldom are. Be it a price or a handshake.
C hoose wisely. For true friends are family you get to choose.
D ecide immediately. First instincts are usually right.
E veryone deserves a 2nd. chance. No one gets a 3rd.
F ollow your heart. It will hurt sometimes, but make you stronger too.
G o with your gut. No explanation, but it’s usually right.
H elp those that need it, when you can.
I dentity is who you are. Not how others perceive you.
J ust be yourself.
K ids will learn from you. Teach well.
L ove finds you. There’s really no sense looking.
M ake mistakes. Learn from them, rather than fear them.
N o one’s perfect. Do not expect it of others or yourself.
O nly change something about you, if you don’t like it.
P lay a lot. It will always be the best part of your life.
Q uestions are a good thing. Answer when you know, ask if you don’t.
R emain calm. Someday, you or maybe another will be glad you did.
S chool is to teach you to learn from everything, not teach you everything.
T ell someone you love, that you do. Better yet, show them often.
U nusual is not weird. It’s just unique.
V ote. You only have a say, if you’ve used your say.
W ith the exception of the end of the World, nothing is the end of the World.
X never marks the spot. The best treasures are always stumbled upon.
Y in and Yang is a fact of life and well worth learning about.
Z oo’s are not the animal’s home.

So there you have it. The alphabet of life, according to Bam-Bam.

My sincerest thanks for dropping by….

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done! Very good...

Unknown said...

It's amazing...

IT

DrewFours said...

:-D