6/30/2008

HORSE'ing around....

My new candy is the $5.50 8 player HORSE game on Tilt. To be honest, it's a bit of a dream game in many respects. Firstly, there's only eight players and three get paid. ($20, $12 and $8) Secondly, there's probably only three solid players at every table. This all makes for a pretty profitable opportunity, if you can weed through the early minefield and avoid the "real" horsies at your table. I've found in my first three attempts at the challenge, that once you've shown down a monster and got paid for it, your fellow 'fish-eaters' will leave you alone if they think you're on the good side of removing a player from the game. So far anyways, there seems to be an un-spoken code during the run to the money bubble. The gloves come off from there of course and I have no issues with that at all.

I only played three times like I said, but $16.50 out for entry with a first and two seconds to show for it so far. I'll take the $27.50 profit for what amounted to a total of a few hours of leisure time well spent. Seven more games to go in the challenge, before I get too high up on my HORSE.

I Donked it up Friday Night and played one more of those 90 player NLHE SnG's, despite my desire to stay away from Hold'em all together. The Donkament was for fun and friendship, (as always) and I actually managed a third place finish in my little 90 player excursion. After about 10 or 11 re-buys in the Donkament, the third place in the SnG helped net me a cool profit of $36-something for the night in the end. Meh!

(Quick reminder! The TuckFard Open NLHE goes at 7:00pm tonight on Tilt, and the TuckFard II HORSE game starts right after at 8:00 pm as well. The password for both as always, is Donkey)

There were only three games all weekend, because it was one of those weekends that can never come often enough for me. I spent a whack of time just lounging around out on the deck with my Peb's. Margarita's in the shaker and the odd drop in from a few good friends.

Saturday was the official Feed The Monkey day. Carson, Suzy_Q and mini_Q(?) all came over, and we walked across the road to take the money from our charity game to Mary at Bear Creek. It was a great afternoon and I'll have more to say about it, a little later on in the week.

Sunday was just me and Peb's. After a fantastic breakfast of homemade scones, we just sat there out on the deck. With Orioles, Goldfinches, Cardinals and Hummingbirds all watching on, I kicked her ass in Crib. :o) Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!
( I don't get to say that too often! )

It was a beautiful afternoon and even that little shower in the middle there, couldn't dampen the enjoyment we get out of our time together out back. Having every species of song bird stop by and put on a show for us, kept the radio off the entire afternoon too. As Peb's said, "we listened to real music all day." This was helped by the entire neighbourhood, (well, all 5 of them) as not one lawnmower, leaf blower, weed whacker or tractor was started all day long. Trust me when I say that's pretty rare out here. There's a ton of stuff to get done out on the country properties, but I guess everyone had the same idea at the same time.

Since Peb's went to all the work of making me the scones for breakfast, I put together a dinner for her. My famous Montreal Smoked Chicken thighs with stuffing and a real Greek salad, with some sweet red onion, the perfect grape tomatoes, cucumber, fresh Feta cheese and a selection of olives that were too yummy for words. I think she liked it. I was going to take a picture for
Chef-boy-R-EH but it looked so damn good, I just couldn't see wasting the time.

Like I said earlier, I have a bit more to say about our Bear Creek visit and the charitable donation we made. I'll try and get something together in the morning.

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

2 comments:

muhctim said...

been playing a little horse myself for some mixed results, but still on the profitable side. And as far as pimpage and tuckfards, it aint necessarily pimpage when the fondness comes from the heart., , just lookin to spread the word that there is a good time to be had with all who wish to come out. I always have a donkatrotomous time!!!

Mr. Bankwell said...

You should try the HORSE MTT during the middle of the day. $10 and $20 around Noon and 1pm there is lots of money to be made.

I played a Razz Sat the other day and your description of the HORSE fit it perfectly. Two players were sitting out, and two were clueless. Top 3 paid so all you had to do is beat one guy and you were in.