5/09/2008

That'll teach me....

What does a kid do after a craptastic day at work, followed by a far from up to par round of golf, (thanks to good friends, I still enjoyed that) and barely avoiding single handedly wiping out all of Bedrocks deer population on the way home after?

Simple really, sign up for the Riverchasers game and get some stupid going on.

I knew it was going to be a rough night, right off the top. I drew Astin, TwoBlackAces, Dino_Burger, heffmike, ShabazzJenkins and ElSnarfgrande. BUT that was nothing!!!! Imagine having to play against all of them...... AND mindonk !!!!

It was going to be a tough night. ;o)

Let me see, where to start. Well, I played good. I made a few chips and got myself up into a steady top 10 position. I flirted with the top 5 for quite some time. I kept up the pace and tried as hard as I could to play good solid "fun" demental ABC poker and, I was chugging along very nicely thank you very much. Let's see, what else happened?

Oh I know !! I massively over-played pocket 10's and was massively called by Buddy. Hmmm.... I said to myself. He must have a monster! I bet he puts me on something like a pair of Jacks. I'll have to be really careful here. Flop = 8-J-2.
I think I just found a way to steal this pot from his stupid A-A. I will make a pot sized bet, he will no doubt raise it up to see if his reads good and I will Jam. What a plan!!! BamBamCan, super-genius! I bet it up, he jams and I raise..... HEY!!
What was that part in the middle there??? Why are both of our stacks in the pot here, wait just a dog-gone minute. Oh crap! Yup I did it. I made the plan and forgot to watch the actual action. I shoved thinking I was raising, when in actual fact had I been paying any attention at all, I was calling an all-in. Da'Doooshky was holding pocket 8's and had made his set. I amazingly, do not improve and IGHN. Incredibly embarrassed of my play and feeling like a complete idiot. So..... I decide that I deserve a huge punishment for my Re-Donkulous actions. BUT WHAT ?????

My initial thoughts were,
Option #1 - the 10 FTP, 1200 player, double-stack, knock-out turbo that already had almost 7 players signed up so far OR,
Option #2 - I could go with the $10 Guaranteed, 900 player freeroll that was going to pay out the top half of the field. It was a tough decision, let me tell you.

I ended up choosing option #3. Multi-tabling two 90 player SNG's at $1.25. I figured this could quite possibly break me of my nasty poker habit for good! "This'll teach me" I actually said out loud.

I grabbed a beer and a Scotch..................... WHAT ? What's that look for? I WAS PLAYING TWO TABLES EVERYONE. Two $1, 90 player, paying out the top 18 in both bloody "poker games." If that isn't cause to have a back up immediately at hand, I surely don't know what is.

I told myself, "self! Pay attention and do good." ( I am such a good motivational speaker. Did you know that?) So there I sat, completely focused on the two tasks at hand, (of course I mean the drinks) when I noticed the next 90 player game already had 72 signed up. SWEET !!! For the record, NO! I did not go get another drink. I just decided to play three games instead.

Game #1 - lost focus for a split second when my pre-flop raise of pot and a quarter got me three callers while I held, "the Fred." The flop brought me one of the 'Red' aces to go with it, along with a 4 and a Queen. This is not where I really lost focus though. The first to act merely made the standard dorky min-raise. It was the next guy that popped it up to a 5x raise. "I see your TuckFard Nutz there Veng from Denmark. Don't think I don't know how they get played," I said. So I pooshed. Everyone but the Lobotomy from the Netherlands managed to get away from the hand. Veng pushed his stack in instantly and we were off to the races. My set of Aces against his........... OMG! 10-J...... Turn.....whew! And now the river.... KING !
BUSTO in 18th place for a profit of -$0.15. Woooot me! By the way. Anyone have any idea, what the hell "Gutter-Ball Waffles" was doing in Denmark?

Game #2 - I weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen !!!!!!!! for a profit of $21 something, something.

Game #3 - Despite the urge to fire up another table at 1:30 am and make an all-nighter out of this punishment, I managed to actually focus the most on this game. The play was far superior to the other two games for some reason and it took a little extra to make a few chips here and there. This game well, this one actually had my attention. We were at final table and there were some pretty strong plays being made for the $1 level. I was sitting about mid-pack chip-wise when I picked up big-lick in my BB. It folded around to the SB who made the standard pot sized bet into me. I'll be damned if I'm going to let him just steal my blind here I thought, and so I made the min-re-raise back at him. He called. The flop was the damnedest thing I've ever seen. (sorry, no scr. cap, I got a touch wound up) 6-6-6 !!! DQB's!!! Check, check and we see a turn K. Check, bet, call. The river is an 8 and I go into Fuel mode.... OBFV baby!! I jam and just sit back and wait. He'll fold. They always do when this happens to me........ CALL !!!!!!! I'm rich !!!!

I couldn't hang on to all of the chips the rest of the way and ended up settling for a second place finish for a profit of $12 something, something.

That'll teach me !!

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

4 comments:

BWoP said...

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Congrats.

And of course, (((HUGS))).

muhctim said...

Where can you have more fun for the mere price of $10.00. . . .Really, I wanna know, haha.

RaisingCayne said...

Nice results at the small stakes, congrats!

I've been tryin' to get that OBFV shove into my repertoire too, gotta luv it when the victim calls!

Have a good weekend! (I'll likely be donarama'in tonight in case you're down.)

Evy said...

Them damn Denmark coolers will get you every time.

Good to see you hung in, though, and cashed in the other two.....

BAM BAM! BAM BAM!

:)