2/19/2008

Getting called out .....

I got called out for bad play and by someone well, that really surprised me. Which is actually quite funny when I think about something in the game this day and age, surprising me.

Here's a hand history that was posted about my horrific play. The entire histories and the comments input by the author, are all in original state. I give you my word!

I've added the 'Bam-Bam' perspective to the hand because it's my friggin' site. LOL.

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PirateLawyer [As 9s]
Dealt to BamBamCan [Kd Qc]
itsgotmetoo folds
emptyman folds
FishyMcDonK folds
Astin folds
PirateLawyer raises to 160 - "simple opening raise"
BamBamCan raises to 240 - This "playa" has shown a few uh, 'different' starting hands.
PirateLawyer calls 80 - Funny enough, I see this as "pattern recognition."
*** FLOP *** [4c 6h 5s]
PirateLawyer checks -
BamBamCan bets 80 - to entice the raise if behind, (pattern) or call if ahead.(pattern)
PirateLawyer calls 80
*** TURN *** [4c 6h 5s] [4h]
PirateLawyer checks
BamBamCan bets 160 - I see myself making a move here to end the hand.
PirateLawyer calls 160
*** RIVER *** [4c 6h 5s 4h] [Jh]
PirateLawyer checks
BamBamCan bets 160 - There is no way based on the history of play, that this helps and it's all I can bet.
PirateLawyer calls 160
*** SHOW DOWN ***
BamBamCan shows [Kd Qc] a pair of Fours
PirateLawyer shows [As 9s] a pair of Fours
PirateLawyer wins the pot (1,280) with a pair of Fours

And my favorite part,
"At some point you have to give up with king-high."

But apparently Ace high is obviously known gold as the hand was played. But then again, I lost. What the hell do I know about real poker?

Funny shit really! I mean give it some thought. If this is how I am to be deemed one of the worst players on the planet, I think I can live with it.

Here's a beauty from about two or three hands later.

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PirateLawyer [9c Jc]
Dealt to BamBamCan [8c Ac]
itsgotmetoo folds
emptyman folds
FishyMcDonK folds
Astin folds
PirateLawyer calls 40
BamBamCan raises to 160 - Some would call this a "simple opening raise"
PirateLawyer calls 80
*** FLOP *** [8d Jh Qh]
PirateLawyer checks
BamBamCan checks
*** TURN *** [8d Jh Qh] [Js] - nice turn card for me, certainly
PirateLawyer bets 160 - time to lead out, certainly
BamBamCan raises to 320 - now he raises!?
PirateLawyer raises to 480 - easy 3-bet
BamBamCan calls 160
*** RIVER *** [8d Jh Qh Js] [Qd]
PirateLawyer bets 160 - I don't like this card but have to bet
BamBamCan calls 160 - what can he possibly be calling with?
*** SHOW DOWN ***
PirateLawyer shows [9c Jc] a full house, Jacks full of Queens
BamBamCan mucks
PirateLawyer wins the pot (1,600) with a full house, Jacks full of Queens
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1,600 | Rake 0
Board: [8d Jh Qh Js Qd]
Seat 1: PirateLawyer (small blind) showed [9c Jc] and won (1,600) with a full house, Jacks full of Queens
Seat 2: BamBamCan (big blind) mucked [8c Ac] - two pair, Queens and Jacks

And the comment that I deserve,
"I have no idea how anyone could figure that an eight was good here. No idea."

My response was simple. I'm a Donkey! Let's face facts here. I was beat once by a great player with Ace high, why not see if I can repay the favour? And hell man, I had a great time seeing if I was right. Just imagine if it read this way,

Dealt to BamBamCan [Qc Qs] I know one thing, it never crossed anyone elses mind.

And that my friends is why winning with Ace high is genious and losing with it, is just another Donkey play.

I'm totally OK with both.

Not once mentioned in there, (and that's a shame) was the following;

BamBamCan : <--- likes PL
PirateLaywer : I guess so

I watched a man figure out that Aces were no good last night. Hell, I folded pocket Aces myself once last night. Sometimes you have to consider what else might be out there. That's where bad beat stories come from in the first place! But when you win that hand, I don't know that 'Donkey' is always in order. I'm sure that in my case, it probably is. Lord knows I'm the only one in poker that's ever got a read wrong or just said 'fawkit' and went the whole way.

LMFAO....Lord I love this game of Poker!

My sincerest thanks for dropping by.... oh.... AND HEE-HAW !

1 comment:

Shrike said...

Really enjoyed this post. Bloggaments are always great fun and I enjoy them greatly. I look forward to many more fun hands for the two of us in the future.