11/12/2007

The weekend that was ....

Green Bay Packers 34 ....... Minnesota Vikings 0 'Nuff said !

I played two live games and went into three on-line events over the weekend. I had what I would have to call, a decent showing. I finished 4th. on Saturday night when the only mistake I think I made all night, was running jack’s into king’s. I had said earlier on in the night that I hated jack’s, this is why. They look so damn pretty. In particular, when you are down to four-handed play. They can be so damn hard to let go of for me. I need to learn how to just let them go. Fourth is a decent finish in our crowd. Everyone has a good shot at making final table and for the most part, play is pretty good. With 20 of us always fighting to get to the final eight, I’ll take 4th. place for the night I had.

Sunday was quite the ride. A 40 player tournament playing down to the paying final table of 10. Pebbles and I both got there. Carson, NutzFirth and DonK got close, but no cigar. I felt terrible for TotalTilt! She busted out on the final table bubble after playing some damn fine poker. The last two guy’s at her table could not stop commenting on how well she played. The one fellow admitted that “if it wasn’t for some good luck for me, I would have been gone a long time ago.” I like that my favorite pair ‘O’ T’s left them with that “be afraid of me” impression. In the end, Pebbles ran out of time, patience and chips as she was just plain card dead. She managed a 6th. place finish. For no cards, she got the best out of it that she could. I took it to third place. I was playing well and had a good read on my competitors. I made some moves at the final table and they paid off huge. One of which made future plans for tightening up a bit, waaaay more effective. After I had been continuation betting my completely missed 6-8 off-suit all the way to the turn, I made one more bet when the ace hit the river. I told the guy, “since I really think you liked that Queen, I’ll over bet now!” He took three seconds to get his cards into the muck. I flipped up the useless 6-8 and tossed them dead center of the table. The next two hands I was in, I got calls from everywhere. And bad drunk beside me would always raise if I went in after that. I had two hands where I let him build the pot for me. I just called and went for the ride. I know he missed completely once, and the other I made him show me bottom two pair to my flopped set. It pisses me off the way it ended ‘cause my man Carson stayed right to the end to rail me. I didn’t want to waste his time, you know? Bad drunk guy got me in the end. I read him for a draw and I had TPKK. I raised him fairly aggressively and was not surprised that he called. The guy was bombed. The turn was a scare card for the hand I put him on but it still was gapped on both sides. If I was right, he'd need the middle to get the hand. I hit the pot again a little harder this time. He ‘hiccup’ calls and I didn’t even look at the river card, I bet while it was still in the dealer’s hand. He semi-attempted to focus and called all-in. If he had it, I was screwed. I called and showed my top pair. It took 2 or 3 minutes to find out but…. He had it. He personally had no idea that he had it in my opinion. Carson thinks he slow-rolled me. I guess that’s possible ‘cause the guy was a bit of a dick. I just think he was too drunk to actually think about being an ass. I’ll watch for and listen for it to happen again in the future. If I see or hear about him doing it again, I’ll kick his ass.

Oh yeah, the on-line games! Uh…. I won ‘em all. I am going to ride this SNG train until it decides to kick me off. Tons of profit? No. But profit none the less and I’m having fun doing it.

Oh yeah again……. BIG NEWS…… I think, with the awesome help of “Ron-Tech.Representitive – TRAINEE” (I love that part) I might actually have a real fix for
My no FullTilt in the Boonies problem. We’ll know tonight! Everything’s crossed that can be, without excruciating pain that is!

Kat's Donkament awaits !!! Yippeeeeeeeeee...................

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

4 comments:

Heavy Critters said...

Are you from Wisconsin????

BamBam said...

Not Wisconsin BP....
Wouldn't mind though ! Love the place. Good people and great beer, how can a guy go wrong?

I was born in green & gold and have been a lifetime fan.

Congrats on the D.P. rookie of the year !

pokertart said...

Heyyyy....I didn't know you had your own new blogger digs!

Love the custom "-saur" titles on your blogroll.

Anonymous said...

I still say he slow rolled you.

Being a "bit of dick" myself I can tell you that there is no amount of alcohol that makes you too drunk to be a dick. Booze is the steroids of dickness and this guy was JUICED.

Ya done good ma boy.