1/26/2010

Pokerstars WBCOOP, Event #1 ....

The good :

I was sat at my first table with TanOrpheus, so that was a lot of fun. Also had a chat by siting of Zeem. That always puts a smile on this kids face too.

I played solid early on, building a stack with stop n' go's and one very well timed bluff against the spot to my left. I also got a hand or two dealt to me, which I find helps a surprisingly large amount of the time. Nothing really special mind you, but getting off to a solid start just the same.

The Bad :

I busted out around 1188th. or so, of the gazillion bloggers that had entered. That I busted out there isn't actually as bad as it sounds, it was more the way I busted out that bothered me. Holding crap at the time and with a very comfortable chip stack, I jammed the stack in on a total mistake. Just as I was supposed to be clicking fold, Peb's let out a yell from upstairs in the kitchen. She burnt her hand getting dinner out of the oven. (yes she's just fine now, TYVM for asking!) Needless to say I miss-clicked and somehow, my crap didn't manage to get there.

The Ugly :


Playing at a four-handed table because some signed up and then didn't show, was verging on total re-donkulous at times. I get that the timing of the event made for some serious rushing around for a few. I also get that it's the luck of the draw if you get one of these tables too. I'm just saying that despite it not really being anyones fault, it still sucks huge, hairy Donkey Balls when it happens to you.

Pokerstars WBCOOP Event #2 goes off at the same time tonight and one things for certain, with it being PLO things could get really interesting early!

Hope to see you there!

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

3 comments:

lightning36 said...

The early start caused problems for many people. I was ready to play until a final appointment for the day showed up. Didn't get to the table for a half hour. By that time, there were big stacks and I was playing catch up the whole time. Sucked.

Memphis MOJO said...

Sorry to hear that, hope Pebs is okay.

TanOrpheus said...

Was good to be at the same table again Bam, even if it was for too short a time. Unfortunately I got moved to lightning"horseshoe"36's ;)left and he knocked me down to less than 1BB :)