11/03/2008

Off and on the grid....

Well..... I pretty much managed to spend the weekend off the grid!

Special congrats to Al and the Poker from the Rail site over at FullTilt! You see, Al held a little game at 6:00pm on Saturday night for anyone that reads his work over there, and to have just shy of 400 players show up is a pretty incredible thing. Nice work Sir! Well deserved indeed. I couldn't make it, due to an incredibly hot date plan with the wife. Not "The Wife," although serious consideration was given to a trip out that way for a Saturday night dinner. (And yes! I am serious.) Occasionally, Peb's and I can be found just about anywhere for a date. This time found us heading out East for some Sushi at a spot we'd found a very long time ago. We've never been disappointed there before and this time, was no exception. It was as always, a delectable and incredible experience.

We also spent some time out in Collingrock during the day Saturday, as we took not-so-mini-Peb's out that way to enter another photography contest. This is the same contest that she'd entered, ( AND WON !!) last year at this time and I'm thinking a repeat performance is quite doable, based on the work that she submitted. Our girl has a killer eye for capturing the essence of a scene and some mad skills when it comes to getting that out in a picture. But then again, what's any proud Daddy gonna' say right? We'll see how she did and I'll let you all know, when all the judging is completed next Saturday. GOOOOOOOOOO BABY GOOOOOOOOO !!!!!

I'd also like to share some news of a new Blogger in our community as well. Some of you may have noticed a new player at some of our regular weekly games. She's been a staple for the last little while at our Monday night TuckFard games, and I know that she's been toying with the idea of becoming a full blown Pokerslut for the last month or so as well. This new blogger also made a splash last week, with a Skillz win AND a Riverchasers win back-to-back. We've been in communication for the last week or so, and I personally think she has some real potential to blog it up with the best of them. I know one thing... I seriously LOVE her sense of humour!


I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd take a second or two to stop by and welcome TheGoatlady to this wild and crazy ride we call blogging.

I did play in one Poker game over the entire weekend. The Brit Bloggerment is a fav of mine on the day's I can make it out. This is Cloud and Acorn's extravaganza, and for those occasional lazy Sunday afternoons around Bedrock, it's always a pleasure to play in. The folks are a blast to hang around and since I read both blogs on a regular basis, it sometimes feels like I've known them longer than I actually have. Al also sweetened the pot a bit this week, as he added an FTOPS seat to the prizepool. Now, not that I really thought I had a chance at that big prize, but it was great to be part of the action. Others that made the virtual journey across the pond were, Al himself, Waffles, smokkee and the ever beautiful Kat. I shared time at the tables with all of them and as always, it was my pleasure. I really couldn't get anything going at all and after making a calculated, (read guess) jam with A-x, I busted out 6th. of the 22 runners that made it out for the fun. In the Turbo / 1500 chip starting stack format, you really need that one hand to get you up in chips. Mine just never came. I stayed steady at about 2400 chips the entire time. It was close though at one point! I had a small bet battle with a player interested in a K-8-J flop, as I held and appropriately bet out with pocket King's pre. At first, I thought this may be the one to build me a stack. But alas, he seemed to lose interest, despite what I thought would look like a very suspicious raise by me. I have to gather that my opponent was just trying to steal that pot away. To bad he didn't actually have a little something there.

TuckFards I and II both run again tonight. I hear that it's a special HOT CHICKS edition tonight, as Peb's will be joining Suzy_Q, Queen_K, RedNeckTuckFard, TheGoatlady and hopefully Kat at the tables. I'll of course be there to run my mouth off at the fingertips! Come join in on the fun at 7:00pm est. for our NLHE game and then play a little HORSE with us at 8:00 as well. Both games are on FullTilt and the P/W for both is always..... donkey! Honestly, it's the best $7:00 you can spend on a Monday night IMHO. Hope to see you all there.

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

2 comments:

Littleacornman said...

Cheers for the pimpage! Good to see you again at the felt last night!

Memphis MOJO said...

It indeed was the Hot Chicks edition of the Tuckfard Open last night and katitude and RedNeckTuckfard took 2nd and 3rd. Nice to meet the goatlady, too!