9/24/2008

Here we come, the boy's in the tan brown Mazda....

So it's BASH time! Which naturally means, it's time for everything drunken Lemur! Before I head out, there's a few things I should probably clear up.

Although I've met the vast majority of BASH participants attending this year, I know there will be some that I have not had the opportunity or pleasure of running into at previous blogger get togethers. Trust me I'm not shy, and since my picture has been plastered all over the intertubes for the last few years anyhow, here's a shot of Myself, brudder Carson and DonKaaa, (in that order) you can use, to seek me out this weekend.

AND YES, thank you very much for noticing! I have lost a couple of pounds around the middle!

Excitement around here for the BASH, started to peak back in December of '07. It was Vegas and the WBPT Winter gathering at the Sports Book Bar of the Venetian, when I told Al, "there is NO WAY I'm missing it this year." It seems though that it took until yesterday for the Blogger ku-myoo-ni-tee to really get amped up for this weekend. As the screen in front of me was just jammed with I/M's and e-mails and discussions of plans and teams and of course, who would be the first to buy me a Scotch. The prop for this first drink thing, is really getting out of hand by the way. I say settle it like bloggers for cripes sake! You'll all get your turn dammit! HELL! After BadBlood weighs in at 175.6 on Friday morning, you may have to wait until Saturday to get to buy me a drink! Of course there are some out there, that have a huge edge in this little wager. I don't like to name names though, so I won't. Let's just say that one of you out there, has a leg up on the competition early on, as your significant other suffers a crappy 24 hr. delay.

Now on to much less important things than buying me a drink! I see Al and Otis have drafted up the 2008 Publympic teams and I have to admit, our competition looks formidable. But with the leadership of our great Captain Otis, I think we'll make up for what we lack in actual event talent, with skill and lack of dexterity. Well.... once we get to the falling down part of the competition at least!

My team consists of :

Captain Otis (of falling down and Keno Crayon fame)
Astin (ALWAYS better to be lucky, than good)
The Bracelet (he is myTGOD after all)
CK ( uh herro! We have a C.A.L.!)
The DOC ( Can you say, Military Precision!)
FALSTAFF ( A man in a skirt! Need I say any more?)
SPACEMAN ( Gravity at the Pub, will NOT be an issue!)
Bam-Bam (there IS drinking involved here!)
My darling Wife, Pebbles ( 0.09 in her last Irish Car Bomb relay!)

and last but very far from least,THE "A" lister of ALL "A" listers, Bike Mike
(no need to say anymore!)

And what are we up against :

Al ( Hippies do NOT scare us! )
BadBlood ( OK... there are the guns! Oh wait! Make that "GUN")
Brudder Carson ( one event wonder! After darts, he's so done!)
DonKaaa ( I think the name speaks for itself, don't you?)
Drizz ( The cheesehead will certainly slow him down )
EVY ( Top two will serve as a great distraction to her teamates)
The Rooster ( This kid has potential, but it's not a home game!)
Landow ( jury's still out on this one!)
Riggstad ( Lemur's do scare us! But NOT the way you think!)
VinNay ( Can't even get into Canada for Pete's sake!)

So I think you can understand my lack of concern over our esteemed opponents. There's really not much to see is there?

And I for one........ CAN'T FRIGGIN' WAIT NOT TO SEE THEM !

Time to hang the shingle up on the old front door.
'Cause this kids.......

GONE BASHING

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

8 comments:

DrChako said...

Bring on the competition. And the scotch!

See you in a few.

-DrC

RaisingCayne said...

I'm green with envy. Enjoy the festivities! (And hope to meet you in Vegas over the weekend of 12/13.)

Memphis MOJO said...

I'm not going, so drink one for me!!

BWoP said...

C.A.L.??

Crazy Asian Lemur?

Crazy Asian Liquorer?

BamBam said...

Crazy Asian Luv'er !

Just sayin'!

;)

Anonymous said...

One event wonder... It's on old man.


IT'S ON.

Unknown said...

I am the decathlete of the Pub Olympics.

Fear.

DrChako said...

Holy crap - what an incredible time.

No sir, the pleasure was all mine.

-DrC

PS. A recap post is forthcoming, but I must sleep first.