7/24/2008

The King's and I....

Like the malodorous stench known only to those familiar with having a pre-work exercising co-worker, show up in your office every day of the week at 7:00 am. sharp, just to let you know about the hot chick in barely any spandex that was doing the repetitive toe touches at the next station, I have a hand that haunts me.
(*NOTE* that was written solely for the enjoyment of Da'Drizzle!)

It's pocket King's.

At first peek of them in a live game, I'm certain that everyone in the poker room can sense the motion of regurgitating bile as it slowly starts to build up for release. When on-line, Peb's can attest to watching hand after hand of "The Bammer" or other various non-connected hole cards that simply get tossed into the electronic muck in a fluid and repetitive motion. Only to be followed by the, "fuck me" when I see the K-K hole cards I was just dealt in the game. I see them and I know I'm screwed. Now believe it or not, I'm capable of letting them go WAY easier than you could possibly imagine. The problem is, sometimes I'm forced into taking a shot with them. When this happens, I know I'm totally screwed!

Case in point. (again!)

Full Tilt Poker Game #7356421893: $10 + $1 Sit & Go (55932051), Table 2 - 200/400 - No Limit Hold'em - 13:39:09 ET
Seat 1: Villian (13,740)
Seat 2: BamBamCan (13,260)
BamBamCan posts the small blind of 200
Villian posts the big blind of 400
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to BamBamCan [Kd Kc]
BamBamCan raises to 1200
Villian has 15 seconds left to act
Villian calls 800
*** FLOP *** [2c 6d Kh]
Villian bets 1200
BamBamCan has 15 seconds to act
BamBamCan raises to 3600
Villian has 15 seconds left to act
Villian raises to 11,340, and is all in
BamBamCan calls 8,460, and is all in
Villian shows [2d Ac]
BamBamCan shows [Kd Kc]
Uncalled bet of 480 returned to Villian
*** TURN *** [2c 6d Kh] [Ad]
*** RIVER *** [2c 6d Kh Ad] [As]
Villian shows a full house, Aces full of Twos
BamBamCan shows a full house, Kings full of Aces
Villian wins the pot (26,520) with a full house, Aces full of Twos

BamBamCan stands up - and immediately starts to sense the return of the bile that had been building up inside his gut for so long now. Also knowing full well that that bile itself, had started to eat a hole through him from the inside out.

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

4 comments:

Neilc999 said...

WOW!!!! how he can all in with bottom pair against you when you raised pre flop then reaised his out of posision flop bet???????

Dont let it get you down mate, that suck real bad, but at the end of the day its him workin in mcDonalds and not you.

Likewish you could start pushing with bottom pair and sucking out.

good luck anyhoo

The NL Wife said...

Sympatico, my friend. Sympatico, you and I.

Goddamn kings . . .

Have a great day my friend!

DonKaaa said...

That is exactly why Carson and I call that hand "Death By Unga Bunga"

That hand has been my nemesis for a few years now. It is amazing how many times bad poker is rewarded with the biggest suck-outs.

Unknown said...

Well written sir :)