3/02/2008

Please welcome my special guest poster....

With a weekend of TuckFard poker and finishes of 7th. in the TucKFard game and 4th. as a team TuckFard player, I think I need to take a back seat to my baby and her back-to-back 2nd. place finishes. So since she kicked my butt at poker this weekend and I just don't know what to say about that, I've asked Pebbles to make an appearance as a special guest author here in Bedrock.

Enjoy !

======================

I don't know where to start exactly but, it's been a crazy 7 or 8 day's for sure!

EH-Vegas has been posted about on everyone elses sites, and the reading has been a blast. It was a pleasure to finally meet so many of Bam-Bam's invisibles and I totally understand why he get's so excited about this particular group of friends. You're all great to be around! For those that were there, you know that Bam's the mover and shaker and I'm slightly more 'reserved' when it comes to the big get togethers and meeting others for the first time. That's not to say that I wasn't thrilled to meet everyone, it's just that my pace is slightly slower than the majority of bloggers I guess. With Bam around, it was almost impossible to get a word in edgewise anyhow! ;o)

For those of you used to the underground games and playing with a lock on the door, I'm sure the club was just the right place to be. I however have to say, I was just a touch out of my element to say the least. With my coat on my chair and my eyes on the back exit, (yes that was the first thing I checked out upon arrival, since I read the G-Vegas stories and all ) I felt queezy every time that damn doorbell rang. There were a few very nice compliments on my table persona and on how I approach the live poker game. That means a lot to me, as I often wonder where I fit in with the blogger poker circuit. I know my game is relatively solid, but it's great to have folks like CK and Riggs re-affirm that my game is up to snuff when playing with the "big kids." Thanks so much for the compliments.

No one out there really know's that much about me, but I really appreciate that you all make me feel welcome whenever Bam and I show up to a blogger event. This community is so worth supporting and being part of, and I know why Bam does what he does when it comes time to take part. Two of the most important things I care about in life are, family and friends. Without both, you have nothing at all.

So in saying that, Bam has a friend, (that I've never met and yet I can't help but call a friend because Bam does! ) that is looking to re-locate to our area. Bam's gotten right into trying to make the move as smooth as possible. I found it funny that it's drawn me in as well. I don't remember the last time that I signed on and went out looking for a blog to read without Bam. Yet this afternoon, I found out from Bam that Otis' wife has a blog of her own. That was enough for me. I went in search of Walden to learn just a little more about who it was we were going to be trying to help. Being who I am, that meant reading the last several posts put up on the site. After reading Otis with Bam at both the "Rapid" site and in "G-Vegas," it just seemed natural to read the "other" side of the story too. Now I find myself looking forward even more to meeting our new neighbours, and wanting to help them get settled into their new community. I know how hard it can be to move away from family and friends. But if it makes it any easier, please know that you are also moving towards friends, that truly look forward to all the good times to come.

On the job front, things are really happening fast! My territory in just my first three months has expanded from the South-Eastern USA, to the entire Eastern Seaboard! I think it's just possible that they like me at the new company! That's kind of cool.

I don't know when I'll get the urge to post again, or if Bam-Bam will actually let me do it here.(LMAO) But I appreciate those of you that managed to make it through my little piece of this internet pie. Maybe next time I have something to get off my chest, I'll just hi-jack the keyboard and not tell him until it's far too late.

Have a great week all !

Pebbles

===========================

I'd also just like to let everyone know, the new issue is out and well worth your time for review as always!

Truckin' - March 2008, Vol. 7, Issue 3

Welcome back to the third annual L.A. issue featuring some of your favorite writers sharing stories about Los Angeles.

1. Next to Mama Cass by Paul McGuire
Dulce was an attractive peppy girl from San Diego. She diligently saved up for grad school and her first job funded her future. Her second job funded her addiction to weed, whiskey, and cocaine. She loved all three when her shift ended at midnight... More

2. The Drug Store by Change100
I walked down a cement pathway into the shade of unkempt trees and saw a cloudy glass door that led into a deserted elevator lobby. It was open. Someone was here. The lobby walls were covered in cheap faux-oak paneling and the floors in decades-old linoleum. Next to the elevator doors hung a building directory. And there it was. Dr. Jerry Greenblatt, M.D. Fourth floor. I gingerly stepped into the sketchiest elevator in Los Angeles and prayed it wouldn't drop me to the basement... More

3. Today's Special By Joe Speaker
Brad's last night on Planet Los Angeles started at El Caballo, clutching his beer like a dog eared paperback. Starched white shirt glowing red in the bloody lights of the place, same color as the naugahyde booths behind him jammed against the textured and cracked yellow walls... More

4. Smoking Is Cool by Dan Keston
As a man, I truly believe that if you feel comfortable walking down the street with a Coors Light in your hand then you probably feel comfortable wearing your fraternity letters well past your 35th birthday. I also believe, contrarily, that walking down the street with a cigarette in your hand makes you look suave, debonair, independent and just aloof enough to be mysterious... More

5. California: The Garden of Eden by Johnny Hughes
It seemed Los Angeles was in this artificial super-Technicolor, compared to West Texas. The first thing I saw was a grade school class with black, white, and Asian children. I had never seen that, since our schools were segregated... More

6. My LA by Betty Underground
Accidents happening all around you on the freeway. The world's biggest spectator sport! Traffic is not because of the carnage in the road, it is from the rubberneckers trying to catch a glimpse of the blood and guts, only to be disappointed when it was a minor fender bender... More



What a Long Strange Trip It's Been... From the Editor's Laptop:

Welcome back to the special L.A. edition of Truckin' featuring several your favorite L.A. based writers. We have Change100, Joe Speaker, Dan Keston, and Betty Underground in this issue scribbling about the City of Angels, along with a short story from myself and a contribution from the legendary Johnny Hughes.

Please tell your friends and family about your favorite stories. It takes only a few seconds to pass along Truckin'. The writers certainly appreciate your support.

Also, feel free to shoot me an e-mail if you know anyone who is interested in being added to the mailing list.

Thanks again to everyone for wasting your precious time month after month with Truckin'. And many thanks to the writers who exposed their souls to the world and spilled blood to make art. And, they did it for free. Thanks for inspiring me and taking that leap of faith with me.

Be good,
McG

"Sometimes you just have to pee in the sink." - Charles Bukowski

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

No comments: