2/10/2008

A weekend away..... from posting!

I have several posts in the works that I totally planned on getting done over the weekend. But a funny thing happened on the way to writing! Actual poker stuck it's nose into my business, so I decided to show it who was boss.

Friday's Therapy™ was an absoloute scream! I love the Therapy™ game and have so much fun every single Friday night I play. What made this one special was, one of my favorite invisibles joined in for the fun. I've read Riggstad since day two of posting with brudder Carson over at TuckFards. I had no idea at that time, that Riggs is buddies with Al. Knowing that AlcanHang with Riggs, means I can't wait to actually meet the man in just under two weeks.

Under the influence of a full on and total brain cramp, I called Riggs all-in with pocket rockets. I know, I know! WTF was I thinking? It's the Donkament after all. What in the hell did I expect to happen? The chat after I lost that hand was Ef'n hilarious! From Kat and Riggs asking if I'd lost my mind, to the TuckFard group asking why I was playing rag-rag. I'll have you all know, I spilt some damn fine 18 yr. old Scotch due to laughing fits that gave me those epileptic giggles from hell. I thank you all for the fun.

I then could not get a raiser in the Donkement with this hand. In a typical game on Friday, this board would have missed 3/4 of the players at the table and called for at least five over bets.

I busted out 5th when DonKaaaa would not let his 9-9 hand go, while up against my A-Q. Seems only fitting that the 9's kicked my a s s on the night.

Friday night I went to work to build the bankroll up a tick or two. It worked out just fine. I managed to pay for the re-buy's and entry into the Donkament and ended up with an extra bit of profit for my efforts.

Saturday was TuckFard night one, of our new season. 13 Tuck's made it out for the first night and I managed to be Gigli with a "Presto" gone "Gin." Carson ran runner-runner on me for the flush and IS'n"WTASR.
( In Nascar'ease... I sit and watch the All-Star race)

Pebbles completed our Banky and Yummy-Mommy impersonation, by taking the game down for our classic worst and first finishes. I hoisted a glass in the general direction of our good friends.

We came home and I had that, "gonna' kick some a s s" feeling going on. So I logged in and went back to work. I managed to add three outright wins in two 18 player games and one 9 player SnG. Add those to a semi-bad-beat second place cash in a 45 player SnG, when I had a set vs. set confrontation where my K-K-K was in good against my opponent's 10-10-10. With a board of K-10-3, the turn brought him the case 10 after we managed to get all the chips into the middle. I had him outchipped by exactly one BB and on this night, these chips and my chair were not good enough to make any type of a come-back.

Pebbles then went to work herself this morning, taking three SnG wins in a row to add to her great pokery weekend. All while I tried to figure out if I remembered how to sleep. 3 solid hours! Wooooooot me ! It's been a long time coming.

This afternoon, it was Team TuckFard Sunday afternoon poker at the Hall. I know Nutzy had a rough game and had busted quite a bit earlier than usual for his solid game. I was next out, with a third place finish. I couldn't catch hands that I decided to play and had a huge issue with finding cards to play for some time. Then after raising about 28% of my stack, WPTChamp decided to push all-in. I had to make a decision. I was in third place and had no opportunity for the win, based on the stack size of Jay-33. He was a monster stack compared to the two of us. I held 8-8 and the only reasonable chance I had to improve my odds of winning in this "shoot-out" like format, was to win a race. I talked it out with myself, (sorry to the boys!) I decided that this was my opportunity to do so. WPTChamp flipped up pocket 10's and it was a race I could live with. Nothing changed after the board was layed out and I was done in third. The good news was, both Pebbles and DonKaaa were heads up and Brudder Carson was sitting at his table and was in a 3-handed game. The worst we could do for the day was two 3rds. and two 2nds. That's some points that look really good for our current points lead in this deal. And that is a good thing when the first place team all go to Vegas for free.

Then Pebbles did something I don't think, (HELL!) I know I've never seen her do before. Head's up, she dropped the hammer hard and made 7 raises or re-raises on her opponent in a row. It was great to see such an aggressive side to her game. This play brought her back to about even stacks in the game. I was asked by both ladies if I would mind dealing the game for them. I obliged and seemed to bring my bad run of cards along with me. It took a while for them to hit a hand at the same time. Then even when they did, a turn card or River would come along to make an obvious hand out of one of their holdings. Then in Peb's BB, "Rose" simply limped into the pot. Pebbles confidently sat and did her best impression of Doyle working out what to do next. "Mrs. Brunson" considered her options and decided that putting herself all-in, was the way to go. Rose called instantly and the cards were opened up.

Rose = Ac-8s
Pebbles = 10s-2c

BRUNSON indeed !

Once I stopped laughing and telling everyone to come and see what my wife had just done, (actually and in a really weird way PROUD of the move) I dealt crap that did not help her out of the mess she was in.

We had to take off shortly after and didn't get to see brudder Carson's win, or DonKaaa's second place finish. Sorry we couldn't be there for support guy's, but great job!

Now I'll get going on completing those post's that I had started and intended to finish earlier on in the weekend. Hopefully, they'll be worth the read for someone out there.

My sincerest thanks for stopping by....

2 comments:

Riggstad said...

AA... pleeeaaaasssseee!!!

against the almighty utg jame of 10 8 suited! how do you even consider that call???

Two more weeks away from discussing the finer points of scotch with another connesieur!

hopefully we're still conscious by the time we get there!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://myflat.co.cc/My-flat/how-to-build-flat-stomach/]how to build flat stomach[/url]
[url=http://myflat.co.cc/My-flat/how-to-get-a-flat-tummy-quick/]how to get a flat tummy quick[/url]
[url=http://myflat.co.cc/My-flat/how-to-build-a-flat-boat/]how to build a flat boat[/url]
[url=http://myflat.co.cc/My-flat/how-to-get-a-flat-stomach-after-kids/]how to get a flat stomach after kids[/url]
[url=http://myflat.co.cc/My-flat/how-to-fix-a-flat-screen-monitor/]how to fix a flat screen monitor[/url]
[url=http://myflat.co.cc/My-flat/how-to-get-a-flat-screen-tv-on-club-penguin/]how to get a flat screen tv on club penguin[/url]
[url=http://myflat.co.cc/My-flat/how-to-treat-flat-warts-on-the-face/]how to treat flat warts on the face[/url]
[url=http://myflat.co.cc/My-flat/how-to-buy-a-flat-in-uk/]how to buy a flat in uk[/url]
[url=http://myflat.co.cc/My-flat/how-to-clean-dell-flat-screen-monitor/]how to clean dell flat screen monitor[/url]
[url=http://myflat.co.cc/My-flat/how-to-fix-a-leak-on-a-flat-roof/]how to fix a leak on a flat roof[/url]
[url=http://myflat.co.cc/My-flat/how-to-fix-a-flat-screen-tv/]how to fix a flat screen tv[/url]
[url=http://myflat.co.cc/My-flat/how-to-cure-flat-foot/]how to cure flat foot[/url]
[url=http://myflat.co.cc/My-flat/how-to-fix-flat-roof/]how to fix flat roof[/url]
[url=http://myflat.co.cc/My-flat/how-to-clean-flat-iron-for-hair/]how to clean flat iron for hair[/url]
[url=http://myflat.co.cc/My-flat/how-to-repair-flat-cable/]how to repair flat cable[/url]