11/16/2009

BBOC review....

Last night FullTilt ran a charity event to help put a Bad Beat on Cancer. Fifty percent of the $10 buy-in, went directly to the charity. That was good enough reason for me to get involved. But then you add in that there were twelve FullTilt Pros AND AlCantHang making an appearance, I was just going to have to be there!

My first table draw found me sitting with The "Hendon Mob's" Ross Boatman. He was quite a bit more social in the chat than any other Pro I've ever had sitting at the virtual felt with me and honestly, quite the gentleman.

I do have to talk to him about his avatar though! You'd think that with all of his money and FullTilt backing him while he's on-line, that between the two of them they could've discussed a more accurate avatar with Julius Goat and Bayne!

Take a look at this shot and you'll see what I mean!


I mean seriously, mine is much more realistic looking right?

Anywho....

For the most part I TAG / Ultra NIT my way through the first hour of play. I got dealt a few hands, made a few draws and mostly took notes on who and what the action was all about. Nothing major really, I was just doing enough to stay alive.

Three spots to my right, there was a player with an penchant for what appeared to be blind stealing. He/She almost never got to a flop. It was raise pre, raise pre, raise pre and take down the blinds over and over again. This probably happened about 95% of the time, when ever it was my big blind. I had a moment here where I was just pretty darn sick of it. So after the typical folds between the two of us, I popped it back up and watched him fold immediately.

The moment I had though was,


I showed.

This brought on the best chat session of the night by far.

rocky453:lol
BamBamCan:keep on coming
BamBamCan::p
rocky453:I will
BamBamCan:Hope so!
banjovian:I sooooo wanted to do that
COINFLIPWINNER:about time
rocky453:donkey
banjovian:name change. you should add that to rocky453
BamBamCan:LMAO
rocky453:idiot

I got my first real chip stack here, on the 125th. hand.


He jammed on the turn and with me holding two of the kings, I just didn't believe I was up against big slick. I guess pocket Queens was possible there, but I went with my read and prayed for just the one Queen.

The only other hand of any real note, was a bizzare gut feel I went with. I don't know what it was exactly, but the hand played out really, REALLY weird! The betting, the timing and most of all the amount bet on the river to me, just didn't make any sense. Now I'm far from a NLHE expert my friends, (I think we all know that for certain!) but something just didn't seem kosher to me.

When I made the call here on this hand,


it was either hero or zero!

I went on for about three hours of good Poker and had myself a lot of fun. I love it when something charitable can go so well!

I busted out 55th. of the 314 runners that came out to the game.


I DO NOT have enough singles to discuss my losing hand, so we'll go with my opponent made an excellent read.

Ya...... uh..... that's it!

After all! He had 50% of the four players in the hand crushed AND, there was still one card in the deck that he could beat me with.

*sigh

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

2 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Congrats on a nice finish.

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read that blog. Thank author for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.