10/24/2008

$4 doesn't go very far these day's....

Just as we were leaving Fred & Wilma's, I threw my $1.10 in for The Numblowme rebuy. It meant I'd be able to play, but I'd miss at least the first half hour. All the way home I caught myself chuckling. "I'll be way behind in chips. I'll have to play pretty loose!" Bwah-ha-ha !!!! I crack me up!

Despite missing half an hour to collect, (read: lose!) chips, I ended up with something like 12,000'ish at the break. Not nearly enough to really "play" with considering the size of some of the stacks I was up against. Like 457,000'ish !!

Oh and during that half hour, I pushed with anything. With the exception of a drink break and a "pit stop" I pushed every single hand. Now that was far from the case with many others, but I guess strategy poker in a $0.10 rebuy is some "peoples" thing. In that time, my stack went from $1000 to $19,000, back down to $2000, and just about every denomination in between. What a hoot! Oh and my hats off to mookie and muhctim at my table, both of whom I saw in every single hand with me no matter the cards. That really helped me enjoy the spirit of the game. Even though I didn't get the entire hour with you, I have no doubt in my mind that you kept it up the entire time. Cheers !

I ended up in 59th. position out of the 99 runners that showed up for the fun, when this hand just naturally had to happen. As you can see, it kinda played itself. As the cagey Rooster likes to say, "it's a game of kickers!"


I was obviously the crappy TuckFard once again, as I see brudder Carson and Queen_K, (Par_Tee_Ni) both cashed in the thing. Awesome!


Poor Y again! (RedNeckTuckFard) Third bubble of the week for the lovely lass and I don't care what anyone says, that's just not right. And rounding out the five Tucks that represented last night, DonKaaa busted out in the 12th. position. Great run to you all gang!

As for my results on Carson's lines for the event, I only missed total # of rebuys and the chips in play at break. But I really didn't expect 99 runners for the game. My numbers were based on a wild guess of 85.

It was a scream for the short time and $4.20 I was there for Numb.
I for one, would like to say thanks for putting it on for us.

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good times indeed.

mookie99 performed 1 Add-On
mookie99 performed 105 Rebuys

Definitely the most rebuys I've ever had in a single tourney.

Memphis MOJO said...

I was a hoot and congrats to the Tuckfards who did so well.

How do you check your rebuys? I must have had more than I remember.

lightning36 said...

Wow - not bad on the rebuys. I missed it, but it looked like fun. Don't think that I'd have wanted to spend six hours playing, though.

muhctim said...

What fun!!! I was so busy shoving, I am ashamed to say, I never saw you at my table until after you were out. My rule was no thinking for the 1st 30 minutes-shove, shove, shove. The only shoves I missed were when I got distracted bt my dogs. Ironically, I hit the wrong button once and folded KK--turned ot it would not have held, lol....as if that mattered.