9/16/2008

Bet the "Bam" HORSE in the 2nd....


Yeah that's right! I did it again. After a totally craptastic TuckFard I, where the best hands I saw all game were a Sooted A-8 and a pair of 3's after the hour of time invested, I won the main event! I (all about the ego!) like the sound of back-to-back HORSE champion!

In the NLHE TuckFard open, I saw exactly 4 flops in the hour I played. The two early ones, were to try and get something going. I won them both with absoloute air. Then as the first hour drew to a close, I ran A-8 into Queen_K's aces. Then with no stack left other than I think 30 chips, I ran 3-3 into Scotty's pocket rockets to finish myself off in style. Hilarious end to the game, as apparently FullTilt was a little worried about poor Scotty's Aces. Tilt made sure they would hold up as the best hand, by bringing the other two out right on the flop. Somehow, quad Aces actually held on against my 3-3 and I was done with the NLHE portion of Tuckfard Monday.

The HORSE game however, was an entirely different story. I uh.... got a few hands here and there. LHE was kinda meh and I really didn't play that many hands. RAZZ was incredibly sick as always. I won a bunch of chips and was staying ahead of the pack for the most part. The few pots I did lose, were ones where I was testing the waters with made 7's and 8's. I used a little pot control, just to keep any loss at a minimum. STUD was very good to me in both starting hand selection and having the deck slap me in the face. I just love it when that happens!

The biggest surprise, (and pot winner) for me last night, was Omatard! That was really, REALLY weird! I don't know if this will make sense to anyone out there, but it was like a light switch just suddenly turned on or something. All of a sudden instead of seeing four cards in front of me, I started seeing hand potentials and calculating risks and draw opportunities. I've said I'm not crazy about it all along, and I still feel basically the same about any split variation of poker. I don't plan on jumping too far up on the Omatard bandwagon, but it was kinda 'funky' being able to play it so well for one night. I guess I should re-explore the game in the near future and see how that goes.

It was great to see everyone out at the games as always. Along with the honourary Tucks, muhctim and cem, it was a blast having Memphis and Scott out for all the fun.

Peb's decided that it's been too long since we'd hosted everyone for a home game, so Friday it is! I'm totally stoked about getting three hot chicks to come over and play with me. ;) Remember ladies..... husbands are definitely optional! Specially with Queen_K agreeing that a another "Girls Gone Wild" episode, just may be in the works!

I was pleased to see that the Tuckfard sight broke the 200 post barrier this past week. Post 201 has a great picture of DonKaaa, Carson, myself and the rest of the gang all getting together for a little fun. You can see it HERE.

Lastly....

Don't forget about cem's Skillz game tonight on FullTilt. I'll be giving it everything I got to make it out to this one! I believe tonights format is STUD H/L with a deepstack. Hmmmmmm........ STUD huh? I've really been looking to try that game again! I remember I had some luck in it one other time.

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poker is a stupid game for jerks... See ya Friday.

Zeem said...

dude, sounds like you were ministre de Tucks for one night

stay funky