7/16/2008

SKILLZ..... (or lack there of)

With Summer almost in full effect here in Bedrock, it gets harder and harder to make it out to the blogaments for me. Combine the late nights golfing with the early mornings working, and sometimes it's just not worth it to try and get into one or two of the games a week. Last night however, was just a tick different. Not only RAZZ, but cem's taken over the SKILLZ series and I kinda feel like I owe him one or two.

You see my BBT friend cem, has been participating in our little Monday night flusterclucks on FullTilt, and he's been a great addition to the core group since joining. When I found out cem was bringing back the SKILLZ series, I told myself I'd try and make as many of them as I could. Support for support, as it were. Well last night DonKaaa and I finished up at the course just about in time for me to make it for the game. I asked Peb's to log me in and sign me up and told her I'd be home as soon as I could. Much to my surprise as I walked into the house not only was Peb's playing in the game, but so was DonKaaa. Such good TuckFards!

Peb's was having a giggle and I figured since she was having so much fun, I had time for a shower. As I was headed back downstairs, she said, "they're all talking to you. Hurry up!" I grabbed a Scotch and headed down to assume the position. A kiss for my baby, a little "how was your day?" a few hola's to the gang and then I took possession of the mouse.... GAME ON !

I proceeded to have one of those games that sucked huge Donkey balls, but I can't say I hated it. You see, I made chips early on by having a few monster hands and having a player or two on relatively decent draws. I then dragged a good pot myself, by managing to hit my draw against an already made hand that had me the whole way up to 7th. street. So all in all I played well and got lucky once to get me around 2nd. place in chips. Damn near a perfect start! I was steady as she goes through the middle stretch and had a hard time getting paid any large amounts, when I was playing in any hand.

Then as has become custom for me when running well and having a good time, the well ran dry. SAHARA dry! I was dealt A-2-3 with the 3 as a door card 6 times in 12 hands. I don't know about you folks, but this kids definitely playing those every time! Here's how those 6 hands went.

4th. street - 3, 2, 3, A, 2, 2
5th. street - 3, 3, A, A, 2, 3
6th. street - F, F, A, F, F, 2

(the boat on the 3rd. hand was a RAZZ classic!)

Needless to say, I was pretty much done with the hands on 5th. street almost every single time.

Sweet huh? I was dealt pure gold, bet chips at a very increased level, and catch brick after brick after brick. Just about the best part of RAZZ if you ask me. What a vicious bitch she can be when she wants, but you know what? I love her to death.

So in about 12 hands total, I lose 2/3 of my stack playing excellent cards a little aggressively and constantly kept brickin' the nutz. Now I'm in the position that I hate the absolute most in poker.. stick'em in and pray mode. I was dealt a few monster starters, (if I was playing STUD hi!) in a row and obviously, that meant the standard run of brings just to make things more interesting. I don't even remember my last hand to be honest. I just know they were not paint, and it was the first time I could say that in a pretty long time. I lost the race and shazam! I am SKILL'less. Congrats Fred! Always nice to see one of the good guy's win.

One thing for certain however, it was good to see everyone again. Since the end of the BBT, I've only been able to make a couple of mookies and this one SKILLZ game. I don't owe mookie anything really, I just play there 'cause he doesn't BLOW. So it's been a fairly long run for me, away from the crew. I might have to figure out a way to try and make at least one of the games a week somehow. I'm sure with results like last night, fans of all three games will be fighting for me to make it out somehow too!

;o)

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it the skillz series, or lack there of series.

Glad to see you play some Bingo poker.

(Checking to see if I have a hand)
BINGO!

Give my best to pebs and smile!

IT

CEMfromMD said...

I really appreciate you coming out and playing in the Skillz game.

Or as IT refers to it, lack of Skillz game.

I personally enjoy the heck out of playing in the TuckFard Opens. I would have played this weeks if I wasnt at Urgent Care getting checked for being sick.

See you next Monday!!