7/17/2008

1st. happy, then sad, now impatient......

Now that I've read everything about the Okie-Vegas trip I missed out on, I'm just plain hurting to get to the next blogger event.

I get asked all the time about the blogger gatherings that I’ve been to, (or plan to attend) and the most common question is WHY? Why do I want to get to them so badly? My answer used to be long, intense and filled with words like fun & friends.

Since my first WBPT Winter Classic, I’ve met up with several of the same characters at a few other various get-togethers and I honestly can’t wait until the next time I get to see them again. I’ve been so very fortunate to meet Bloggers from around the globe that I can now proudly call my friends. Along with those that I’ve had the privilege of meeting on several occasions, there’s also a large group of new friends that I have only been able to get together with at one specific event or another. But at least I can say I’ve been lucky enough to meet them that one very special time.

And that’s really what these things are all about. To get-together and see good friends and meet some new ones when the opportunity presents itself. Life’s way too short to miss a golden opportunity to make a new friend or re-seal the deal with an established one.

Take a look at THIS VIDEO. This is not even 1/100th. of what goes on at a blogger gathering, I can tell you that for certain. But watching it made my heart ache for the fun and the laughter that is one of our special little times together. I had to back out of Okie-Vegas this year and seeing some of those shots just made me mad as hell that I did.

Now have a read over HERE. Who wouldn’t want to meet a new friend like him? I’ll tell you something gang, WYSIWYG is worth a million bucks to me! A person just can't, nore should they even think about, asking for any more from anyone.

Typical live blogger chat ideas? Have a read HERE.

So in a nutshell what I'm really trying to say I guess, is that I've drastically changed the response I give when asked why I went to/go to our blogger gathering events anymore. I go because it makes me happy to and life's far too short not to be happy.

So what’s coming up next you ask? Just this……

The Bash (not at the Boathouse)
Saturday, September 27th
Tyler James Pub
212 Bridge St, Phoenixville PA 19460

Friday morning/afternoon - The First Annual Rooster Golf Invitational. 4 player scramble format at a local country club complete with hottie beer girls, prizes and the trophy presented by The Rooster himself. I'll definitely need an RSVP prior to that weekend but we still have some time. I can also help arrange teams for anyone coming in on their own.

Friday evening - The 2008 BoyGenius Poker Classic. Even though it seems the BoyGenius himself will be unable to attend we will continue the tradition by throwing a no-holds-barred charity rebuy tournament the Friday before The Bash. Expect large amounts of booze and fantastic food. You will need to contact me personally to get in on this game.

Saturday afternoon - Saturday afternoon mixed cash games became the tradition once bloggers began descending on my little shindig. NLHE, Stud, HORSE or Chinese poker games will be rolling all afternoon while we wait for the bar to get set up and the band rolls out their best sound checks.

Saturday evening - The Bash (not at the Boathouse). The Bash has received enough exposure from anyone who's made the trip. Too much booze. Too much degenerate irresponsible behavior to fit in this tiny corner of the internet. Bloggers will fall down, they will make fools of themselves, they will most definitely forget large chunks of the evening. It's a great way to hang out with old friends, new friends and have fun all in the name of charity.

Crystal Roxx is the band booked this year, the very same band who gave me the AlCantHang nickname over a decade ago. Here's your one chance to hear the ACHE song live and in person.

Sunday afternoon - For anyone still alive and not puking in an airport bathroom, Sunday is my birthday so I'll be back sitting at the pub watching the NFL Sunday ticket while sweating out every ounce of booze from the night before. I may have to start taking prop bets on who will still be breathing by Sunday morning.


That’s right! Al’s throwing a party at his place and there’s no ifs, ands or buts about it! I’m going……. Are you?

I'll definately be dragging brudder Carson's butt down with me and by the sounds of it, special guest DonKaaa TuckFard will be making the trek with me as well. Taking friends down to meet friends. WTF could be any better than that?

***Note on the Golf from Bam-Bam***
3/4 of the "Team Canada" golf foursome is intact. I am now taking applications for our fourth player. Should you be interested, comments can be left here or you can always use the e-mail link over to the right there. Bribery as is always the case, is ALWAYS welcome. ;o)

My sincerest thanks for dropping by….

3 comments:

GaryC said...

Nice post Bam. Thanks for the kind words.

If "want-to" has anything to do with it, I will be present and accounted for at the Bash this September and I look forward to a chat with you over some type of whiskey. Deal?

G

BamBam said...

Deal !

Unknown said...

When in doubt, pour the shots ;-)

Thanks for thinking of us, we were thinking of you!

See you soon my friend!

IT