7/07/2008

And so it continues....

First off, nothing against cem here at all. I wouldn't be going anywhere with that set either and it was LIMIT hold'em in a HORSE game for Pete's sake. He surely thought he had a huge fish on the line after the flop. This was actually the best beat Ive taken for some time now. It was a hand that played itself.

It's just draining on the system to have this happen night after night, night after night, night after night. Congrats Rob, Neil and Gary! You might have actually broken me of the on-line hold'em habit.

The facts are what the facts are. My personal favorite is, "don't slow play those!" after getting Aces cracked for the umpteenth time by some crap hand like 8-J "sooted." Let's face it folks, you were playing the hand no matter what I did. I raise 4x, I get called. I raise 10x, the ones with 10-2 are coming for the ride too. I slow play them, some Donkey with 6-K is so right there for the kill. It just doesn't matter. Obviously, I am the least "skilled" player in the entire hold'em world.

Tonight's HORSE game was the perfect example of how on-line poker works out for yours truly.

-LHE- I hang on and only lose 1/2 my stack. Having A-A, K-K and a set of Queens busted and knowing that I had to fold. Yay me! Despite my lack of "skill."
-Omatard- Jebus cripes! You do not want to know what kind of hands won after bet, bet, bet, bet, bet and SPLIT! (over and over again!)
-Razz- Built part of my stack back up with the nutz!
-STUD- Built it all the way back up and then some, while others were drawing dead.
-STUD H/L- they're back! A,3,5,6,7 rainbow won so many splits it was just sick. Only to have a pair of Aces in the hole, hold up for the high because there's no threat in a players board that reads 3,5,6,7 when they're betting.

I've come to the conclusion that, it just doesn't matter how or what cards I play on a regular basis. Someone's just going to do it so much better than me. Without the feel of a live game, or the magic that is the concentration required for the STUD formats, I will continue to lose boat over boat, set over set and straight flushes 9 high, will always beat my flopped nut flush in the end.

This my friends, is the SharkScope theory! If your monster get's beaten every single time you play, you truly deserve the little fish in the bowl. Like me, you obviously have no clue how to play the game.

Glub-Glub!

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

2 comments:

Neilc999 said...

hey dude, long time no blog huh. I hate to say but this blog cheered me up alittle in th way that i know now im not the only one. Keep your head up, the slump will end and hopefully the fish will have to remortgage their houses.


I carnt believe you took my link down...understandable though.

Stick with the stud games and get some gold back in your pockets leave the idiots to play there hold em.

KILL EM!!!!!

DrewFours said...

All I can say is 'UGH'... But then, at least you have the Hold'Em practice when you get into a live mixed event?

Noticed you made the Mookie last night, as did I. I lasted a lot longer than you, but I don't think my bankroll was helped any more than yours. [shrug]

I hope you all are enjoying the summer!