6/23/2008

My sincerest thanks for helping out....

Congratulations to NutzFirth, he’s our FTM II champion.

Prop bets *updated….

3) I say..... Yummy-Mommy outlasts the good Mr. Bankwell. (I lost !)
5) I say the beautiful Kat outlasts brudder Carson. (I lost !)
6) I say I will NOT Gigli this MoFo. (Winner !)
7) I say DonKaaa will at some point show everyone, that he really is the greatest short-stack player in the world! (draw)
8) I say Pebbles and I BOTH final table. (Winner !)
9) I take the 0% chance of precipitation, you can have the rest. (I lost !)
10) I say that surrounded by such a great group of friends helping us support our friends and neighbours over at Bear Creek Sanctuary, it's going to be one of the real highlights of the Summer of 2008. (Winner !)

I break even in the props and ended up busting out fourth in the event. It was a lot of fun, but some pretty Vanilla’ish results. Oh well, better than losing it all I guess!

I can’t thank each of you enough for helping to support such a great cause. As you saw from our quick little run across the road, there’s an awful lot going on over at Bear Creek Sanctuary and every little bit helps them out so much more than you can know.

Here's a few shots of the day.

The Bedrock Poker room was all set up for play.


Peb’s surprised everyone with shots, to start it off for the original 6.


There were some steely poker faces made by "Fred" and brudder Carson.


We eventually got down to just the boys.


And...... we took a quick trip across the road, to give everyone that showed up a pretty special treat.


One dissapointment from the weekend though. My cell acted like a piece of crap all weekend and I'm crushed that I missed a very important BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

I hope everyone had a good time with the poker. I also hope you all really enjoyed the time we had over at Bear Creek too. It's moments like that for me, that really drive home the point.....

EXTINCT IS FOREVER !

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's not the timing of the boooooooommmmmm that's important, but the message within. I hope that not only everyone had a great time, but that you raised a ton of dough.

All my best and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM

IT

RaisingCayne said...

Sounds like a great time! And a great cause too! You make me feel inadequate as the only charitable cause I can ever come up with for hosting a home game is 'liquor vs. liver research.' (But this is not a qualified charitable cause for tax deduction, go figure.)

Awesome photo of you with the pups, (cubs...? ... kittens?... ehhh, whatever...) Great shot!

And hey, sorry I never replied to your e-mail awhile back, and thanks for being in touch again. (You did provide the answer to my confusion, as I had assumed you were already in Vegas that specific week of your old blog post and were getting sucked out at live NL cash tables, and I was confused by how you lost so little. But it was rather still at home in FullTilt minor buy-in donkey tournaments where you continued to face the numerous wicked bad beats that have seemed to lead to your loss of faith in NL as a profitable game.) Anyway, It appears abundantly obvious that if I were in your position, I would've likely scrapped the forays into NLHE and went to ONLY the profitable stud game. To each their own. ... And your own sure just doesn't seem to be NLHE, (at least compared with your consistent Stud pwnage.)

Take care of yourself! I'll look forward to the possibility of meetin' ya at the Winter Poker Blogger gathering in Vegas in December. ...

DrewFours said...

Looks like you all had a BLAST, and for such a great cause...