2/27/2008

Is ours to reason why ........

I'm gonna cover a bit of ground here so decide now, go for the ride or walk away.

I'll wait, while you decide...................

OK !

Astin's invitation to dinner in his home, open to 20 basically complete strangers needs some serious thought. I've always said, "I'd do anything for my invisibles." I say that because I get the feeling that it was a reciprical thing. I can't help but wonder why? I've learnt as I've met more and more of them, that I am correct in my assumption. Meeting my invisibles one by one, I've come to the conclusion that I have a pretty good read, on the bloggers that I read. It's also becoming abundently clear, that I read them for a damn good reason. I know you'll hear this, (I guess I should say read) almost everywhere you go in blogdem but, we're a damn fine community!

Anyways, back to Astin's offer. I basically challenged Astin to make me a meal. Actually, I think my exact words when telling Kat that Peb's and I would be making EH-Vegas were, "Dinner at Astin's? How can we refuse that?" This was well ahead of any dinner plans that included poor Astin working his ass off for us to come and invade his home. But he took it all in stride and made us welcome. Not to mention, full of some of the best Elk roast I think I've ever had. I can't help but wonder why he'd do that?

Kat likes to sluff off our gratitude for getting everyone together for a great weekend by saying, "It was purely selfish on my part. I just needed a way to break my Winter blahs." or something along those lines. But in actual fact she did a crap-load of work to get us all together, so we could have a great time. I can't help but wonder why?

A couple of goofs drove up from PA to partake in the EH-Vegas experience. They not only did this in the middle of February, while the Eastern Seaboard was under a severe weather alert, they decided it would be great to stop along the way and pick up another couple of bloggers and bring them along for the ride. It was barely out of their way to make the stop after all. RIGHT ! But they did make the detour and they did get one little-yellow-different blogger to come along for the trip. I look at this incredible young lady, and I can't help but wonder why she'd want to make the trip? The other? Well the other couldn't make the rendevous with the man-truck because of that severe weather. That would be the end of that in the "normal" world, don't you think? I do. I can't help but wonder why, IronGirl would figure out a way to drive through all of the issues she was presented with, just to make it up in time for 24 hours with us degenerate types. I guess I should also look at why two goofs from PA would make that extra effort to get their passenger home safe and sound as well. I look at what they did, and I just can't help wonder why?

I have a friend I've never met. I have been fortunate enough to not only have met his wife, but have held her in my arms for an extrodinairily long hug. This friend is someone that has a persona that draws me in with every read. In this case I see some incredible similarities to my own self-being. Yet that draw that say's I have to sit down and discuss everything with him is so powerful, that I know I'm going to make it happen. I can't help but wonder why.

There's another invisible that I know I'm going to spend some time on the course with, I just don't know exactly when and where yet. It's definately going to happen, if I have anything to say about it. I just can't help but wonder why it's so important to me?

One thing that draws me to brudder Carson is, he's not really my brother! But it feels like he is. In actual fact, he's more like family to me, than almost any of my blood family. I look at the things we do, the things we say and I look at everything involved in our relationship. We can be pretty good to each other, where an e-mail or conversation can make the difference in how a day is remembered. We can also be fairly hard on each other, where the truth may friggin' hurt but you know what? It's the truth, so suck it up and move on by learning from it. But even when I look at all the factors, I can't help but wonder what it was that ensured we'd be drawn together for the rest of our lives?

The same goes for DonKaaa. We've been friends for longer than either us of would care to admit. Well actually, I'm an old fuck and I don't give a rat's ass. DonKaaa on the other hand, is in the prime of his life. Both himself personally and with his young but ever developing and beautiful family. We were initially drawn together from our love of competition. No one can bring the best and worst out of me, like Donkaaa. We come from completely different worlds and we share some 22 dozen common loves. But I can't help but wonder why it is that we're damn near inseperable, once put together in any environment.

I have a friend that was invisible for a great deal of time. We had an opportunity to actually meet face to face back in December. Many different factors made it difficult for us to get all of the time I wanted over that period of one weekend, to spend a lot of quality time together. We ended up with about 20 seconds. But I'll tell you something. It was the best 20 seconds of that weekend. I can't help but wonder why?

I now have an invisible friend in need. Well actually, this friend I have met. I think we once spent 36 seconds talking, and about another 13 seconds posing for a picture. His need is not really that great though, from my perspective. He just needs help deciding where to re-locate his entire life and family. In my books, he's already made the tough decision by deciding to do it! I just want to be a friend and help in any way I can. Looking back at our grand total of what? 49 seconds face-to-face, I can't help but wonder why I need, (and yes, it's a gut wrenching need) to make sure it goes as smooth as possible for this friend. Again, I know I'll be as much help as this friend will allow me to be. I just can't help but wonder why?

It's a strange and tangled web this blogger world has woven for all of us. Perhaps ours really is, "not to reason why." Perhaps ours is to find out how?

How can we make the most of every situation we face, with whomever we're fortunate enough to face it with? Perhaps our need to reason why, needs to be replaced with the joy of the situation at hand? Maybe we're supposed to trust and help those we barely know? Perhaps that's why things like poker blogs were created in the first place?

I know I haven't got a clue what the real answer is here. But after everything that I've been fortunate enough to experience from this little poker blogger world, I think I'll stop reasoning why. I think I'll start saying thanks instead.

My sincerest thanks for dropping by....

6 comments:

BWoP said...

You are too much!

Hugs from NYC.

BadBlood said...

Fear not, I'll HAVE to go visit Otis sometime and we all can do something up in the Great White North.

katitude said...

ok, ok, ok.....you got me.

Why? because blogger are awesome. I would walk over broken glass if it meant I got to hang out and party with bloggers.

And it's a loooong time between the winter and summer gatherings.

Riggstad said...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

Because we care Bitch!!

we show we care because we sit down every day and write about whats in our heads. At first maybe just for personal therapy, but later, we find an audience.

Those others who care. And we do everything and anything for those who care... because we appreciate!

Fuckers!

The NL Wife said...

Doc can't wait to meet you too. But I get dibs on first hug. He can have first Scotch.

:)

Astin said...

Like I said, I was going to make that much food for dinner anyway, so I figured I should invite a few people over.

Or was it because after countless food posts, I figured it was time I had some witnesses?

Or perhaps, just MAYBE, it was because I wanted to share something that I enjoy with a bunch of people with whom I share something ELSE I enjoy 4 or 5 nights a week.

Whatever it was, I'm happy that everyone made it out and enjoyed themselves.