12/19/2007

What happens when comments go too long, Part II ....

I started a comment to a post, about a post and I got
"comment-itis," it ran way too long IMHO. Soooooooooooo,

Here's a thread post for you !

#1) You need to read here.

Then come back ...

#2) Now you need to read here.

Once you've done that, come back here for the rest..........
............................................................
............................................................


I think it's safe to say that Blinders has an excellent point. Having said that, it's an excellent point if you're playing with this juice as a longterm objective. That is not what this event is all about.

To pay what we paid for the event that we had, (thanks to you again Falstaff) I'd do it 4 times a year if I could.

Compared to our weekly games where we can't see, man-hug or be seen with "the Kilt" like we can twice a year in Vegas, I can't think of a better price to pay. I can pay $11 to sit down with Al, Waffles, BadBlood, Otis, Pauly, Fuel, The Rooster or Alan, and Girly-Chat my butt off and have fun. I can also pay $135 and actually sit with them at the table, the bar or the Let-it-ride / Pai Gow tables at any given time over the weekend.

Here's my simple-minded analogy.....

I can go to Maui once a year if I want, (and I'd love that 'cause it rocks) or I can hit Cuba for a week, then head off to the Dominican for another, and follow those up with a New Year's Eve in Mexico somewhere, all for the same price as my Maui trip.

Point is... I love the Blogger event and would pay the same to do it again no matter what. Let's face it, I can see(?) you all weekly at a much lower price. But to be able to sit with you for a few hours and enjoy your company to play the game, I think the price was just right.

If this pisses someone off... come and let me know. I'll do my best to inform you correctly. Remember what this event is supposed to be all about. If you're in it for a profit, sit at the tables in the 2/4 range and play ultra-tight. If you're in it for the spirit as intended, pay the juice, enjoy the company and hope for damn good cards that'll hang on all the way to the river. We all honestly know that damn good poker might not quite be enough. This is a one time event that can take it's toll on "good" poker. But we also know that the player that took us out, is someone we've wanted to meet for a year, or sometimes even longer. The price of admission, as it were.

I know you say you don't take it personally Falstaff, I just want you to know that you did a great job. No one can take that away from you. I'll damn well stand at your side if they try, and I know I won't be alone.

Take Maui and have a blast = Meet good friends and have a good time.
Take three trips a year = sit down at Binions, Hooters or the IP and realize that you're settling for lesser events than the original intention.

If I'm meeting my "Invisible's" again for 2 weekends every year............
Two tickets to Maui please. Peb's and I are in for sure !



My sincerest thanks for dropping by ....

No comments: