Like I've often said, I write to think things out. Maybe "think things out" isn't exactly the right way to put it. Maybe it's more like work them out instead. Whatever! I write and I feel better. I've done more writing in the last two months than I have in my lifetime I think. I don't know where it's all coming from, or going for that matter. I do have a piece that I've been finessing more than the rest. If I can get it to where i want it to be, I might shoot a copy out to The Good Dr. for a future edition of Truckin'. We'll see.
Other than that one piece, my writing has gone along my chosen path of randomness. With that said, here's a list of things on my mind;
1) Without question, I have the best IIF's going! Bar none! Each of you, (and I know you know, who you are!) has come up with the right words at the right time, whenever I have needed to hear them. I cannot say enough, about how much you have meant to the both us, at critical times. The word appreciation just doesn't seem strong enough for what your sentiments have meant to me.
2) I am surrounded by a group of person's that I am proud to call my friends. As with the above, you all know who you are. Whatever it takes to make a day better, be it encouragement, laughter or whatever, I can always count on my friends. You make me feel very fortunate and proud to be part of our not-so-little circle.
3) Decembers Truckin' is out. All good reads and I highly recommend you get there. If you are not familiar with the concept of Truckin' you've really been missing some excellent reads every month. I suggest you take a look at back editions when you get a chance. Whether you're a blog reader or just like to read, there are some excellent works available every month.
4) I want to say I'm sick of snow. But I am worse than a realist. I'm a Canadian kid, livin' in the country, and it's only December 3. I will wait until oh say... March, to officially get totally sick of the stuff. Until then, I'll say "it sure makes things pretty."
Yeah... That's Canadian enough for me.
5) I really missed live poker this weekend ! I missed being with my friends at both the TuckFard Saturday night game, and representing Team TuckFard at the team challenge PPP. I hope to hear some results from everyone soon.
6) We have managed to put a man on the moon. We got a rover out and onto Mars that can send feeds back to Earth. A discovery team has managed to duplicate DNA well enough, that they can in fact create life from a test tube. All incredible feats for mankind. Why the hell don't we get all of these scientists together with all of the data available, so that they can work out a cure for the common cold?
7) I've realized that the biggest difference between myself and BadBlood is...the location of the decimal point, in relation to the 0. As I struggle through my personal on-line challenge at the current levels, I am holding fast at the $5.00 games. I started at $1 and have worked my way up through the numbers to $5. Where BadBlood, has gone from the $10 games and has worked his way up to as high as $50 I believe. I think he's moved back down to the $30 games for a bit, but if things don't change a little towards the far more profitable winning side soon, I might just have to drop back to the $3 level myself in a bit.
For the record, this actually means nothing at all, I just like comparing myself in some small way to my fellow BB.
8) Holding the love of your life in your arms while they're showing no signs of life, is something I hope none of my friends will ever have to go through. Even if it's only for seconds.
9) I'm scared as hell taking Pebbles out to Vegas this weekend, despite the fact that she say's she's fine. Until someone can explain exactly what happened and why, I think I will have this uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach at all times. I also am concerned a little in the back of my mind, that she may be putting on a bit of a brave front for me. This is not typically her style. But I know she does not want anything to ruin this weekend for either of us. We've both looked so forward to this, for so long now.
10) The Vegas Blogger Advent calendar here in the cave say's,
ONLY 4 MORE SLEEPS!
I have made a list, I have checked it twice and I'm gonna be naughty, with those who've been nice. A lot of my IIF's, are about to become visible, Huggable and touchable ;o) IF's.
My sincerest thanks for dropping by ....